Dancing With Dogs Freestyle & Heelwork To Music

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely routines Biker Girl, thank you for sharing with us all.

Take care up there Spotty, as Tassie said snakes are out now..

Well looking ahead for my next routines, but I think that they will have to be next year as what I have in the pipe line will take some teaching to the kids..

So on a training matter, what new moves is everyone trying to teach at the moment? Mine is just a simple leg weave to my 8yr old Aussie boy..

Miss Em has....

Spin both ways, from L/R heel and in front

Up on back legs although it needs more independence

Reverse - to in between my legs (facing the same way) and walking away from me

Leg weaves

Crawl - at heel, between my feet facing the same way and toward me in front

Play dead albeit with madly wagging tail

Usual sit/drop/stand/retrieve obviously

I need to teach something new as well so will watch this space with interest!

Edited by The Spotted Devil

Miss Em has....

Leg weaves

Now all as you need to do is find some music and put w routine together to join us.. Miss Em has a few tricks that you can use... What about your boy?

Miss Em has....

Leg weaves

You could teach some cane work ie targeting the end of the cane, circling forward and backwards around the cane, resting feet on a horizontal cane, leg wrap around the cane...... open to your imagination what you can do with a cane :)

Thanks gals! Haven't really done much with my Spotty Dog. He only "does elegant" lol so will have to get my thinking cap on. Targeting would be good for him too.

I'm sure that you could have routine put together by next Feburary wit your spotty one., as well as your girl

ACT Judges training program are hosting our first mock competition in Canberra on Sunday 2 Nov. Once we have a decent panel of judges trained, we hope to able to start holding our own competitions in Canberra next year.

We have a great venue now, an Indoor Archery range (its more than 30mx 40m, so plenty of space for a full size ring and sports rubber flooring which is lovely to dance on)

quote name='Cleo's Corgwyn' timestamp='1413292066' post='6579124']

ACT Judges training program are hosting our first mock competition in Canberra on Sunday 2 Nov. Once we have a decent panel of judges trained, we hope to able to start holding our own competitions in Canberra next year.

We have a great venue now, an Indoor Archery range (its more than 30mx 40m, so plenty of space for a full size ring and sports rubber flooring which is lovely to dance on)

That's all very exciting, CC. The venue sounds great, too.

DWD is on the back burner for me and mine at the moment - full on with Rally, Obeidence and Agiltiy here, now the Track & Search season has finished. No rest for the wicked. :laugh:

That is fantastic news. :thumbsup:

Sounds like a great venue too :)

• 3 weeks later...

It is a great venue BC4ME! We had a great day, with 9 competitors performing for the trainee judges (including a few of us who did double duty as both!) Most importantly, everyone enjoyed themselves, and we're hoping to put together our first real competition next year!

It is a great venue BC4ME! We had a great day, with 9 competitors performing for the trainee judges (including a few of us who did double duty as both!) Most importantly, everyone enjoyed themselves, and we're hoping to put together our first real competition next year!

Glad it all went well would love to see some pics if any were taken :thumbsup:

Good Luck with putting next years competition together. :)

Just thought I'd share this pic of Tora competing at the DWDCQ state titles a few months ago. The look on her face is priceless! She's having so much fun :)

(photo taken by Paw Snap Pet Photography)

AAAA0080pfr_zps1e04bb31.jpg

What a lovely photo of Tora and you dancing :). It shows the enjoyment that she is having working along side you, thank you so much for sharing