Dancing With Dogs Freestyle & Heelwork To Music

Our first time back in the ring for over a year next weekend, I am nervous!! Don't normally get worried like this :eek::confused:

Where at ??? & what are you competing in ??

DWDCQ has a double at Woongoolba.

Tora is doing Starters in both Freestyle and HTM, Schatzi is doing Intermediate HTM.

Good luck for next weekend please remember to let us all know how you go in the ring thanks

Thanks will do, not sure why I feel nervous, I think because it's been a while, Tora is new to the sport and they are new routines. It's still great to be back out there though :D super excited as well as nervous!

Hi Schatzi Mum, have you had your comp yet? and if so, how did you go?

Sadly we had to withdraw due to injury to Schatzi :(

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is Schatzi now? And there is always another trial which you will both shine. :)

kallistar, you take such a genuine interest in others and I just wanted to say I think it's lovely. You always have words of encouragement and support and come across as a very generous person :) x

How is Schatzi now? And there is always another trial which you will both shine. :)

kallistar, you take such a genuine interest in others and I just wanted to say I think it's lovely. You always have words of encouragement and support and come across as a very generous person :) x

Yes thank you so much for asking.

She's doing OK, still hurting but she will be OK. There will be more comps and we will get there :)

Glad she's going to be OK. Its always disappointing, but as you say, there'll be more comps .. it's lucky you're in Queensland :) .

We're 6hrs away from Qld, but at least we still have access to the Qld mob who are all so helpful and supportive :provoke: like BC4ME

Oops :o - a lot closer than me though :( :laugh: ... but yes, you're right about the Queensland folks ... they are awesome!!!

(I'm thinking ... just thinking ... about a road/ferry trip to Melbourne for a double comp at the end of June. There's an obedience and Rally trial the next day too, which could make the trip worthwhile. A lot of money though to get there - not like I can just jump in the car and drive all the way. 3.5 hours to the ferry and then overnight. So glad I'm not the only crazy dog person on here :laugh:)

thank you.

She's doing OK, still hurting but she will be OK. There will be more comps and we will get there :)

I am glad that Schatzi is ok, even though she is still hurting. And yes I know that you will get there :)

I am glad that Schatzi is ok, even though she is still hurting. And yes I know that you will get there :)

Glad she's going to be OK. Its always disappointing, but as you say, there'll be more comps .. it's lucky you're in Queensland :) .

We're 6hrs away from Qld, but at least we still have access to the Qld mob who are all so helpful and supportive :provoke: like BC4ME

:)

Oops :o - a lot closer than me though :( :laugh: ... but yes, you're right about the Queensland folks ... they are awesome!!!

(I'm thinking ... just thinking ... about a road/ferry trip to Melbourne for a double comp at the end of June. There's an obedience and Rally trial the next day too, which could make the trip worthwhile. A lot of money though to get there - not like I can just jump in the car and drive all the way. 3.5 hours to the ferry and then overnight. So glad I'm not the only crazy dog person on here :laugh:)

Do it Tassie, would love to catch up with you and see your kids dance again.. I might even get my butt into gear and get my routine happening, if you come over. And yes it would be so worth your while to come, double dwd comp and then obedience and rally the next day at Broady.

Do it Tassie, would love to catch up with you and see your kids dance again.. I might even get my butt into gear and get my routine happening, if you come over. And yes it would be so worth your while to come, double dwd comp and then obedience and rally the next day at Broady.

Seriously thinking about it, kallistar. I'll see how the kittens go with their first weekend on the cattery this coming weekend. Don't want to impose too much on my lovely neighbour's kindness in kitten sitting.

We'll have to egg each other on to get it happening :D . It would be lovely to catch up with you again.

Seriously thinking about it, kallistar. I'll see how the kittens go with their first weekend on the cattery this coming weekend. Don't want to impose too much on my lovely neighbour's kindness in kitten sitting.

We'll have to egg each other on to get it happening :D . It would be lovely to catch up with you again.

Just do it.. I am sure that their breeder if you ask nicely would look after them for you too.. My routine has a sort of a start.. and def got a finish.. but the middle bit... well that might be a surprise.. and the the other thing is can the dog grow enough coat so she doesn't get embarrassed by the strange hair cut that she recently.

Just by chance, someone picked me up a copy of "Dances with Dogs Training Manual" by Gay Westmore. It is brilliant & I am only up to page 28 :laugh:

Sure is. And the Obedience Training Manual is equally as good. :thumbsup: :D :D :D :D

I have just made a recording of the music, putting small segments onto a CD & tried it out with her. She just Loooooooooves the music :laugh: trouble is she wants to do her own thing. I think it's because I am rocking to the music she thinks it is a cue to do reverse arounds. I may have to rethink my transitons & cut down on the number of things we try to do as I can't keep up with the music. But so glad to see that she just loves it now that I have put it to music. Opening 15 seconds going well :thumbsup:

Now doing lots of practice without the dog...till I get it right. We are going to have to move quicker though :laugh:

Edited by sheena

I have just made a recording of the music, putting small segments onto a CD & tried it out with her. She just Loooooooooves the music :laugh: trouble is she wants to do her own thing. I think it's because I am rocking to the music she thinks it is a cue to do reverse arounds. I may have to rethink my transitons & cut down on the number of things we try to do as I can't keep up with the music. But so glad to see that she just loves it now that I have put it to music. Opening 15 seconds going well :thumbsup:

Now doing lots of practice without the dog...till I get it right. We are going to have to move quicker though :laugh:

That is great news Sheena. Got to love it when they put their own spin on things. I also know what you mean about having to move quicker, my youngest dwd member can really move if she wants to, pity her dancing partner is slowing down a tad.

Tassie, have you booked your accommodation for the June Vic dwd comp yet?

Edited by kallistar

Because she keeps wanting to do "reverse arounds" I have changed that part of my routine to "3 reverse leg weaves" going into "reverse around". Hope I am doing it right...am following what Michelle Piollot instructed, which was side, reverse to heel, heel reverse to side, side reverse to heel again. She is getting better at returning close to position next to my leg, but we don't seem to be moving backwards...just doing it on the spot. I would really like to step back while doing it, but I guess this is only practice. In Michelle's video, she didn't go any further than the foundation moves. I have put the clicker down for this bit & just holding a treat in each hand so I can bring her forward after the reverse, back into heel position. I just didn't have enough hands to hold the clicker as well :laugh:

Because she keeps wanting to do "reverse arounds" I have changed that part of my routine to "3 reverse leg weaves" going into "reverse around". Hope I am doing it right...am following what Michelle Piollot instructed, which was side, reverse to heel, heel reverse to side, side reverse to heel again. She is getting better at returning close to position next to my leg, but we don't seem to be moving backwards...just doing it on the spot. I would really like to step back while doing it, but I guess this is only practice. In Michelle's video, she didn't go any further than the foundation moves. I have put the clicker down for this bit & just holding a treat in each hand so I can bring her forward after the reverse, back into heel position. I just didn't have enough hands to hold the clicker as well :laugh:

Just a thought, have you tried to just do two reverse weaves and then click/bridge and treat? Then slowly build up on that. Remember that the reverse leg weaves are harder to do than forward leg weaves. (Oh by the way you are saying that you are stepping backwards and she is still going forwards through your legs?)