Importing Dog From Sweden

Lenishta

Hi I am looking to import a dog from Sweden. I have contacted the national vet assoc, I have contacted the Govenrment department of animal welfare and health, I have contacted the Swedish department of Agriculture, and AQUIS,

I have a list of approved vets, and have located the government lab, but seem to hit wall after wall trying to find the official government vet as opposed to the government approved vet.

has anyone imported from sweden please who knows who this person is?

My breeder is also trying to help but I dont think she understands the difference either so do not wish to rely on her findings : )

Would be so appreciated,

cheers

Hi I am looking to import a dog from Sweden. I have contacted the national vet assoc, I have contacted the Govenrment department of animal welfare and health, I have contacted the Swedish department of Agriculture, and AQUIS,

I have a list of approved vets, and have located the government lab, but seem to hit wall after wall trying to find the official government vet as opposed to the government approved vet.

My breeder is also trying to help but I dont think she understands the difference either so do not wish to rely on her findings : )

Would be so appreciated,

cheers

PM Hannah - Mastiff breeder. Both of her dogs were imported from European countries.

Would be so appreciated,

cheers

Talk to them at AQIS. I found them fantastic when bring my girl in from Germany.

Also, get onto a good dog transport company. They will look after all this for you.

Cheers,

thank you everyone for your replies :D

I m in the lucky position of having some freinds recently importing from other cat. 4 countries, and have their time schedules so hope to save a little by doing as much of the paperwork possible myself. Im finding the costs quite scary :eek:

So I have the schedules, paperwork, and all sorted - just need to locate this official government vet and it seems a wall I cant get past.

Those who have friends who have bought a pup from sweden I would be very grateful if you could ask for the official governemt vet details - given I have the details to the government lab and government approved vets sorted.

Again thanks for the help = Ive been a member for a while and regularly come to Dolforums for information - first time Ive ever posted myself though and the response has been great.

Vet Cert A is done by a Government Approved vet. This is usually a regular Vet practice but where individual vets are approved to complete export treatments, tests and paperwork.

Vet Cert B is done by Vet that Works for the Swedish Government. There job is to CHECK that all tests and treatments done meet the Import permit requirements. They are also to scan the dogs microchip again and seal the dog in its crate at loading time. This is usually done at the airport of loading. They also record the seal/s numbers that secure the crate and sign, date stamp that ALL the paperwork is complete, test results are satisfactory.

Easy!

So I have the schedules, paperwork, and all sorted - just need to locate this official government vet and it seems a wall I cant get past.

Those who have friends who have bought a pup from sweden I would be very grateful if you could ask for the official governemt vet details - given I have the details to the government lab and government approved vets sorted.

The Official Government Vet (as at Jan 2011) that signed off our paperwork was Tamara Davydova.

The other details listed for her are:

Address: Finista DV, Stockholmsv 11, 76251 Rimbo, Sweden.

Phone: +46 8 175 60 599/ +46 8 597 852 10

Fax: +46 8 175 606 40/ +46 8 597 852 11

Email: [email protected]

The Official Government Vet (as at Jan 2011) that signed off our paperwork was Tamara Davydova.

The other details listed for her are:

Address: Finista DV, Stockholmsv 11, 76251 Rimbo, Sweden.

Phone: +46 8 175 60 599/ +46 8 597 852 10

Fax: +46 8 175 606 40/ +46 8 597 852 11

Email: [email protected]

Thnk you sooo much Dxenion - thats what I was needing!

I understand all the process and system and who does what is easy and well laid out on the DAFF website - but after numerous emails could not find an actual name!

Thank you - I will pass that straight on to my breeder and hopefully my little xante will be able to start his journey soon :laugh:

Thanks everyone. :D

So now we need pics!! Cute puppy photos!!!

With pleasure - this is my new furr kid - Xante is just four months old on this photo -

Too the best of my knowledge he will be the first long haired russkiy in Victoria :D

post-43230-0-95108000-1340889491_thumb.jpg