Heads Up On Dog Theives

BC Crazy

does anyone know if this could be put on the news on tv every night. I just wonder if anyone in the know would be able to organise anything. as idealy most people are dog lovers , let the country as a whole know this is going on ,and ask them for infomation. forgive me if i come across as naive, but it's absolutely horrendous.It truly breaks my heart.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't know if I have posted this in the right place or not but I just wanted to let everyone know that we have some dog thieves in the Port Stephens area.

2 dogs, I think they were both Bull Terrior's were taken last night from a residence at Medowie. There has been a number of dogs taken in the Rutherford/Newcastle area of late

one of whom, "Tank" has been found dead :cry: just the other day. I don't know if it is the same B@#tards but it certainly sounding like it. Lock up your precious dogs everyone please.

Keep an eye out for anything that looks suspect. I am really starting to worry. It is getting way to close to home for my liking :(

Those behind the organisation should be held responsible and charged with citing terror and fear into the community. Among other unspeakable crimes on their extensive list. An uneasy change of lifestyle the affected areas residents have had to adapt and endure.

Maximum security. Our homes shouldn't be a prison, this isn't a chaotic lawless third world state. How much longer do you have to live in fear?

Sadly your pets may have survived another day but in it's place another faces a painful, tortured and grime fate.

A moment of silence; Frantically scanning and searching amongst the sea of unfamiliar faces for his family, anyone he recognises, a saviour, but at this point he'll settle for someone with a single shred of kindness and mercy to return him to where he was taken or just out of this hell.

Man's cruelty never ceases to disgust me.

I saw the stories about Tank being missing and was at work when I read the herald story about him being found dead on the side of the road and I cried. Everyone was asking me what was wrong. I can't even imagine what his family is going through. Poor poor baby, and all the other much loved dogs who have died such a horrible death.

Please everyone in the Hunter region keep an eye out for suspicious vehicles specially a white hi lux with dog cages on the back. Apparently the first three letters in the number plate is something like AWW. Maybe we should be ringing the police and demanding they do something about it.

Has any more information been released about Tanks autopsy yet? I guess thee must be if his cause of death has been established.

I haven't checked recently but I thought I'd read that there were no marks on him at all and the owners were pending blood test results to establish a cause of death.

I hope this thread can stay on topic & 'nice' because I (& I'm sure many other's in our local area) need to know what is happening regarding this horrible situation that has been happening & the more people

are made aware of it, the more chance I feel we have of catching these b@#tards. Also even if this thread reminds 1 person to bring their precious dog inside today or check that their side gate is locked, we

may of just saved that dogs life. Who knows but while it is being talked about & 'out there' at least we are in with a 'fighting chance' of catching these very cruel people, unlike the poor dogs that are being used in this

criminal torturous act.

This morning's local radio news made comment of the dog fighting & that the police are asking anyone who has seen a white Toyota Hilux rego no AXX--- with 4 dog crates on the back & covered with a bright blue tarp

to contact them urgently.

A friend of ours who lives in Lemon Tree Passage heard someone trying to get into the side gate of his backyard 2 nights ago but they couldn't get it open & by the time he got out there they were gone. He owns a Dingo & a Border

Collie :(

I haven't heard any more regarding poor Tank either. Just so very sad & I feel so bad for his owners :( Might just take a while for blood work results.

Edited by BC Crazy

I hope this thread can stay on topic & 'nice' because I (& I'm sure many other's in our local area) need to know what is happening regarding this horrible situation that has been happening & the more people

are made aware of it, the more chance I feel we have of catching these b@#tards. Also even if this thread reminds 1 person to bring their precious dog inside today or check that their side gate is locked, we may of just saved that dogs life.

I agree, there are many DOLers who either live in the area or have family and/or friends in the area, not to mention people who aren't DOLers but have been directed to this thread/ or forum as a way to gain information during this horrible time.

Yes, I really believe that it is about making people aware "heads up" about it. Keeping our eyes & ears open. Being informed & up to date on what is going on regarding this.

It certainly is a horrible time for us dog owners with this huge black cloud hanging over us ATM. Very worrying, sad times :mad:(

Edited by BC Crazy

Has any more information been released about Tanks autopsy yet? I guess thee must be if his cause of death has been established.

I haven't checked recently but I thought I'd read that there were no marks on him at all and the owners were pending blood test results to establish a cause of death.

I'm coming to this thread late - but I did have a quick read of it.. is this Tank the same Tank that was reported missing on FB and over forums etc a few weeks ago? I thought he was an Aus Bulldog, and that he was found dead but had no marks on him or apparent cause of death, adn that blood tests would be able to shed some light on the situation.

Given that, I'm just confused as to how he is involved in the dog fighting - I was under the impression that these are separate issues.

Is it just speculation or is there some evidence that links to dog fighting rings were made, with the Tank case?

It is the same Tank. Apart from him having no marks it sounds like the same people who are stealing these dogs for fighting. They take the dogs and then dump them near where they were stolen when they are done in very poor condition. The whole thing sounds so dodgy it could be related especially given the area and the timing.

The local hardware store said they have had a lot of people come in for chains and padlocks so at least the word is getting out.

I dont understand how the police can have the model of a vehicle and three digits of the number plate and not know who it is

Edited by Cat

Tank is the same one as on FB & yes he had no visual marks on him etc he happened to go missing in the same period of time that another 2 dogs were taken from the same area.

I am unsure whether these cases are related or not. It's just so sad IMHO to have your dog stolen for any reason. Fighting or otherwise :(

Edited by BC Crazy

Tank is the same one as on FB & yes he had no visual marks on him etc he happened to go missing in the same period of time that another 2 dogs were taken from the same area.

I am unsure whether these cases are related or not. I just think it is so sad to have your dog stolen for any reason. Fighting or otherwise :(

Yep, absolutely - I completely agree. I was just not sure whether I'd missed some info! Thanks Cat and BC!

Just heard on local radio 3pm news late yesterday afternoon that these B's had tried to steal dogs from the private home of a lady who works at the local animal welfare shelter at Lake Macquarie.

So this is quite wide spread it seems through this region ATM. Same white Hilux was spotted I think though :mad

Edited by BC Crazy