Over-furmination - What Else Is Good For Undercoat?

Katdogs

A few weeks ago Stevie was shedding in clumps of undercoat. I got a bit carried away with the furminator and her top coat is now shorter and feels wrong! I guess her coat will recover but what other tool should I use to get the shorter fluffier undercoat out?

Pictures would be good because I really don't have a clue beyond 'brush' and 'comb' :embarrassed:

Eta she's a Lab x GR

Edited by Katdogs

Hi Katdog,

I was asking about undercoat rakes on here recently. Didn't want to go furminator route for the potential damage to top coat you mentioned.

I bought a rake very similar to the picture and am very pleased with it. It really does only remove undercoat and very thoroughly. I use it for my Labrador and moggies and I can see the coat is less dull.

Happy grooming!

I use a rake on my cat's thick undercoat and the amount I get off her is amazing! The rake removes all her thick, soft but loose fur and I love it.

She's a moggy but is crossed with oriental breeds and has Birman in her, hence the dense coat.

Edited to say that I'd originally bought the rake for Zeus but he's got the wrong coat type for it.

Edited by RiverStar-Aura

I bought a smaller headed rake with the same tynes as the rake shown. I feel like a fairy floss maker when I use it :laugh: on my JS & BC. The undercoat flies in the air & wraps around my arm. Very effective.