Video Of A Amsterdam Dog Show In 1922

newfsie

Guest Arcane

the wire hair breeds are awesome! Such hard coats without all the floof we see these days !

The boxers were my favourite though as far as liking the old style conformation so much better.

The one that had me intrigued was the 'Boston Terrier'. If that is in fact an old style of Boston then i'd much preferred they'd stayed that way too.

love the old style Boxers! The greyhounds also look heavier and sturdier! Trying to work out what the Herdershond is... a bit Picardi Shepherd..hmmm. It's before the Bouvier Des Flanders (think that's what it was). Poms are way fuzzier now! Wow the dobey has changed! Pointers look the same. Airedale look really different. Hahahaha the Boston looks like a StaffyX! The Scotch Terrier has changed!

That was really interesting! Thanks for sharing!

Guest english.ivy

The Pointer looked different, in the head.

The Belgian Shepherd was a Laekenois. They look heaps better back then, the coat isn't as curly.

Thank you for sharing :)

Some I had never seen before. Others I recognised straight away. As for the Boston Terrier, I agree looks like a Staffy, it looks bigger too.

The colouring on The Gordon Setters and the Dobermans is dark, though that could be the film itself. Can't mistake the Newfoundlands or the St Bernards, they have never changed much at all.

Lynn

Wow, thanks for sharing, that was rather interesting.

In the breeds that seem to have changed, I prefer the ones in the video to their modern-day equivalents. Apart from the CKCS.

This especially goes for the Boston Terrier, who looked like a Pocket-Pittie :D

And does anyone have an idea what the "Matin Belgische trekhond" (5:28) may be?

Guest Arcane

In the breeds that seem to have changed, I prefer the ones in the video to their modern-day equivalents. Apart from the CKCS.

I think the dogs in the video are King Charles Spaniel (or English Toy Spaniel which is a rough translation of Engleshe Dwerg Spaniel) which are an entirely different breed to the CKCS. The King Charles Spaniel of today is much the same as the dogs in the video

Edited by Arcane

I think the dogs in the video are King Charles Spaniel (or English Toy Spaniel which is a rough translation of Engleshe Dwerg Spaniel) which are an entirely different breed to the CKCS. The King Charles Spaniel of today is much the same as the dogs in the video

:o Oops, my bad. Thanks for clarifying.

The "Matin Belgische trekhond" is also the Belgian Mastiff, Belgian Pulling dog.

This link will help

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/belgianmastiff.htm

Thanks!

The Pointer looked different, in the head.

The Belgian Shepherd was a Laekenois. They look heaps better back then, the coat isn't as curly.

Yes the pointer was very different in its head... Front was alot shallower too.

Some breeds havent changed much some have. The griffons both smooth and rough seem pretty much the same, I wasnt into the older style boxer!

Oh wow, the Boxers are gorgeous. Much more like the APBT is today.

The Pom is much less extreme in coat.

Love the look of the Dobie.

Loved the waggy tail on the Pointer!

Wow the Gordon looked so different.. and so much better. Can't stand the extreme way they look now

The Airedale looks quite different. I like it!

WOW AT THE BOSTON!! My lord, it looks like an APBT/SBT hybrid. What a change.. and in such a short amount of time..

Much prefer the Scotty too. Again, not so extreme.