Is There Any Things Said About Your Breed...

Baileys mum

Hi everyone, I was in a discussion the other day in my Aussie Terrier international FB group about things we hear get said about our breed that we find we are correcting people about.

We where all in agreement that the main thing was the colors,alot of people refer to the blue & tan color as black & tan & the sandy/red color as ginger. Also we agreed that alot of people mix up the Australian terrier with the Australian silky terrier, & we have to expain to people that they are in fact separate breeds.

So i was just wondering what things are said about your breed that you find you have to correct people about?? :)

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sid - is mostly referred to as a pug. Sometimes I get snide comments about how cruel tail docking is.

Lola - mostly just get asked if her eyes pop out, because it happened to a friend of a friends pug.

So i was just wondering what things are said about your breed that you find you have to correct people about?? :)

Temperament!

They are not vicious dogs, and they will not "turn on you" when they become an adult.

Temperament!

They are not vicious dogs, and they will not "turn on you" when they become an adult.

I agree with this! I had a beautifully gentle Rotti for 12 years and often was asked if he was viscious.

It's so sad :( I cringe when people ask what breed of dog we have, because I know that half the time the response is going to be negative. Fortunately, the other half who respond with how much they love the breed, make up for it! :)

White Swiss Shepherd Dogs are not the same as white German Shepherds. They are separate breeds with different structures and temperaments. They are not, as one person recently told me, 'GSD scraps' :-(

It's so sad :( I cringe when people ask what breed of dog we have, because I know that half the time the response is going to be negative. Fortunately, the other half who respond with how much they love the breed, make up for it! :)

It is sad, :( ...My inlaws have had Rotties in their family for years, & all the ones i have met have been big gentle affectionate sooks. :heart:

Edited by Baileys mum

Temperament!

We get this one all the time too, with our Dobe :laugh: It used to really annoy us but now we have a bit of a laugh about it, and even bought a print of this old movie poster for above the bed!

http://cinebeats.wordpress.com/2011/01/21/they-only-kill-their-masters/

My whippets are not skinny.

They're lean, running machines. Ever seen an obese sprinter?? :confused:

And no, they're not timid either!

And yes poodles are active, intelligent dogs that require training and exercise. If the only ones you know are "neurotic" its probably because they get neither.

Tollers are not minature Golden Retrievers! No they aren't shy, they are reserved. If a Toller greets strangers like they are their best friends they don't have the correct temperament.

Edited by tollersowned