Is There Any Things Said About Your Breed...

Baileys mum

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With greyhounds it's all about the muzzle. With greyhounds as pets becoming more common kids are always asking their parents "what's that metal thing on the dog's mouth". 99% of people say "because they bite" :( For the people that are willing to listen I explain. One of the most annoying times was when I was walking my two greys(muzzled) and a foster greyhound cross not muzzled as being a cross he was not required to wear one, near my local boat ramp. A guy with a little boy around 5/6 years old were sitting on the breakwall and as I stopped to pick up a poo I had enough time to hear the following conversation.

Child: What's on those dogs face dad?

Dad:It's a muzzle

Child: Why are they wearing it?

Dad: Because they are savage dogs that kill things and they will bite people

Child: Why isn't that one wearing one? (pointing to my unmuzzled greyX)

Dad: Because that one hasn't bitten anyone yet!!!!!

Me: SIGH :(

With greyhounds it's all about the muzzle. With greyhounds as pets becoming more common kids are always asking their parents "what's that metal thing on the dog's mouth". 99% of people say "because they bite" For the people that are willing to listen I explain. One of the most annoying times was when I was walking my two greys(muzzled) and a foster greyhound cross not muzzled as being a cross he was not required to wear one, near my local boat ramp. A guy with a little boy around 5/6 years old were sitting on the breakwall and as I stopped to pick up a poo I had enough time to hear the following conversation.

Me: SIGH

Greyhounds are a beautiful breed of dog

With greyhounds it's all about the muzzle. With greyhounds as pets becoming more common kids are always asking their parents "what's that metal thing on the dog's mouth". 99% of people say "because they bite" :( For the people that are willing to listen I explain. One of the most annoying times was when I was walking my two greys(muzzled) and a foster greyhound cross not muzzled as being a cross he was not required to wear one, near my local boat ramp. A guy with a little boy around 5/6 years old were sitting on the breakwall and as I stopped to pick up a poo I had enough time to hear the following conversation.

Me: SIGH :(

That's just so sad SM :( ....I've met a few Grey hounds, & they where lovely dogs.

That kelpies need LOTS of exercise! No more than your average dog, really. Mental stimulation - well, that's another story.

This and that they need LOTS of space, or a farm or a property. Not the case.

So i was just wondering what things are said about your breed that you find you have to correct people about?? :)

Temperament!

They are not vicious dogs, and they will not "turn on you" when they become an adult.

We get this one all the time too, with our Dobe :laugh: It used to really annoy us but now we have a bit of a laugh about it, and even bought a print of this old movie poster for above the bed!

http://cinebeats.wordpress.com/2011/01/21/they-only-kill-their-masters/

Oh, god, yes! I have that poster as an original lithograph along with The Dobermannn Gang and Trapped hanging above my dogs' crates... Just for laughs.

I'm more frequently asked if they are poorly bred skinny 'Rockweilters' *headslap*

Edited by LuvsDobes

Question "oh, where did you get your rescue dog from, she is so skinny"

Reply" she is a pure bred whippet""

Oh, gosh, she needs to be fed doesn't she!!

It is unbelievable the amount of times I have been asked this, also if she is a miniature greyhound !

Guest english.ivy

No my pointer is not a dalmatian cross ...or a great dane puppy

I get that too. Either a Dalmatian or a small Great Dane.

With Ivy I get TOLD I have a Lassie dog or a dangerous wolf.

No; my Australian Shepherds' bob tails are not docked, they are born that way.

No; my Australian Shepherd with blue eyes is not blind. Yes she can see fine.

Both of those :laugh: plus no she is not a husky cross or a koolie.

Exactly! :)

Ticking is part of the Border Collie gene pool. It does not mean it's crossed with a Aust. Cattle Dog.

Smooth coats and Pricked ears are also part of the BC genepool. They do not mean it's crossed with a kelpie.