Dog Dryers Recommendations

For a more budget-friendly dryer, I highly recommend the Pupkus dryers http://www.pupkus.com.au. I have just purchased a Force 2 (plus stand) and it is really excellent. Easily as much "blow" as my Liberty Ultraforce but with the added advantage of being able to regulate the flow and the heat as well.

I have had a few dryers and have to say if you are budget conscious I rate the Pupkus fairly high for something that is relatively light in price. I can dry several shelties and an aussie all in a row without any issues

The Double K Airmax is a twin motor unit and used by Hydrodog as it tested to be the most powerful on the market. The Pupkus dryer is made in China and only has one motor and best suited for smaller breeds.

Pupkus have a range of dryers not just one including twin 2400 watt motors. :)

The Double K Airmax is a twin motor unit and used by Hydrodog as it tested to be the most powerful on the market. The Pupkus dryer is made in China and only has one motor and best suited for smaller breeds.

I was referring to the link in the in the previous post (Force 2)

Obviously you didn't follow the link because it was NOT to the Force 2, it was to the Pupkus website. I just mentioned the Force 2 as being the one that I have purchased myself. There are many choices on the Pupkus website.

As I said above "For a more budget-friendly dryer, I highly recommend the Pupkus dryers http://www.pupkus.com.au." Might pay to check links out before you jump to dump on people.

Edited by ellz

Obviously you didn't follow the link because it was NOT to the Force 2, it was to the Pupkus website. I just mentioned the Force 2 as being the one that I have purchased myself. There are many choices on the Pupkus website.

As I said above "For a more budget-friendly dryer, I highly recommend the Pupkus dryers http://www.pupkus.com.au." Might pay to check links out before you jump to dump on people.

I have woked in repairing dryers and was offering an objective reply to the best dryer to use for that coat type. I am well aware of the Pupkus range of dryer as I have repaired all of them at some stage. Both Hydrodog and Jim's Dog Wash specify Double K Airmax dryers as they dry dogs for a living and time is money.

I have woked in repairing dryers and was offering an objective reply to the best dryer to use for that coat type. I am well aware of the Pupkus range of dryer as I have repaired all of them at some stage. Both Hydrodog and Jim's Dog Wash specify Double K Airmax dryers as they dry dogs for a living and time is money.

May be the case, but you did go off on a tangent about a particular dryer based upon what you THOUGHT you read in a response.....

For my part, I have been involved in breeding/exhibiting longhaired dogs since 1986 and I can tell you that I wish I had a Pupkus dryer way back when....I am very impressed with them. I will in the future be installing a wall mounted dryer and it will be a Pupkus.

Anyone got one of the Lazor RX dryers or knows what they're like? Thx

Yes they are the same as the Pupkus dryers. The show vendor at KCC park in Victoria sells them and they are good value for money. The same stand dryer mentioned in the previous post ( Force 2) sells for $300. Contact Peperone Pet supplies they advertise here on DOL. I would recommend a twin motor dryer for a Newfoundland such as the Double K Airmax or the Oldfield LD2000

Guest Panzer Attack!

I've got a Double K at home that is AWESOME, it's used to dry a full coated Cocker and a lil Papillon, but I would definitely use it on a Newf. At work (grooming salon) we have a Pupkus that's used multiple times every day and has held up admirably, they're a great price and well worth investigating :)

I have an ezycoat and love it. Australian made and great after sales service for maintenance and parts (not that I have needed much).

http://www.ezycoat.com.au/

I have an older model single motor dryer and around 10 years later it is still blowing as strong as the day I got it and great for big Pyrenean coats (I have done a few Newfies with them too and they are up to the job (Having groomed a lot of diifferent breeds and having the big dogs myself I know the big coats on the big dogs can be a little more challenging at times - smaller dogs like cockers or even border collies etc can often be a breeze by comparison just because of the sheer amount of dog there is to dry ;) ). They are more powerful than the Liberty (Or at least the one I had).

They have an even more powerful single motor one now too which would be my number one choice for an economical but powerful dryerr that is likely to last years and years.

Edited by espinay2

Anyone got one of the Lazor RX dryers or knows what they're like? Thx

I have a Lazor RX dryer & find it really good. I have 2 Border Collies, long coated & it dries them in no time. Very power, I was surprised just how powerful it is. It's great for

getting any loose hair or sand out of their coat as well. Has 2 heat setting & a cool setting. Highly recommend them :thumbsup: