Dogs Victoria Obedience Dog Of The Year Shamless Brag

On August 4th, 2012, my much adored Standard Poodle, "Violet", Dual CH. (O.CH.) GiDay Violet Crumble, RA ADX JDX ET won the run offs for the title of 2012 Dogs Victoria, Top Obedience Dog of the Year Judges Pauline Hartwell NSW & Clive Makepeace Victoria

There were 6 excellent working dogs in the Top Dog run offs, 1 Border Collie, 1 German Shepherd, 1 Sheltie, 2 Standard Poodles, 1 Mini Poodle

VIOLET also won Open Class, on Saturday August 4th 2012, with 197 points Judge Charlie Giles NSW

Violet is from (Australian /American Ch. Picardy MyMarechal X my own TRIPLE CH. (O.CH.) (T.CH.) G'Day Tasmanian Devil ADX JDX ET

I placed Violet in an excellent pet home at 8 weeks, with good friends

At 6 months, she was returned to me to me because she was too energetic & too demanding of attention, for a quiet suburban home

Thankfully, I have been blessed, for 10 years, with a delightfully happy, super intellient, best friend, house dog, family member, & partner, who is happy to join me in the fun games of Agility, Obedience, Endurance, & Rally O as well as Conformation

As long as I am already gushing.....

Violets Previous Obedience achievements include:

2009 Vic. State Obedience CHampion, Winner of Winners

2010 Vic. State Obedience Champion Winner of Winners,

AND

2010 Dogs Victoria Top Obedience Dog of the Year

2011 Dogs Victoria Top obedience Dog of the Year

2011 Melbourne Royal Show, Obedience Winner of Winners

And 2012 Dogs Victoria Top Obedience Dog of the year

Thanks so much for letting me brag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations CC

I read somewhere that Dog Obedience was started by a poodle owner to show off how smart they are.

Now if I could just get my evil hound to SFE without trying to pick the judge's pockets... and actually retrieve on command. I do appreciate the efforts and patience of the top obedience trainers.

well done to you and Violet :thumbsup:

Do we get a pic of your clever girl? :)

I just had to google Violet - here she is in many lovely photos. http://www.gidaypoodles.com/violet.htm

What a beautiful and talented dog she is. I hope it is ok to post the web page.

How sweet.

Thank you so much for being so kind

Big sook that I am even at my mature age, ..........

I am getting emotional again.

I had to try hard to hold back the tears . How embarrassing!

Having Violet acknowleged in the ring, is I guess an affirmation that the way I train (99% reward based with maybe 1% compulsion)

It is also an affirmation of a deep bond/connection

It is so very difficult to articulate.

All of you that have experienced that kind of rapport/understanding being in sync, will understand what I am talking about

For me it is so about connecting & motivating & team work

It is so NOT about "dominance" or "leadership"

TRIVIA

In 1936, Mrs Whitehouse Walker, a Standard Poodle breeder/owner, persuaded the American Kennel Club, (A.K.C.),to assume jurisdication & formalize the Obedience Rules & Regs. for Novice, Open, Intermediate, & Utility Classes

The lady who was largely responsible for popularizing the sport of Obedience Competition, as we now know it, was Mrs Blanche Saunders.

Mrs Saunders had a team of Obedience/"Agility" (not Agility as we now know it which came into popularity much later) Standard Poodles. She travelled around the USA & Canada, with her Standard Poodle team, giving demomstrations in the 1930's & 1940's

Mrs Saunders wrote "Dog Obedience the Guide For Trainers", which was published in 1954

She started one of the very 1st Obedience Clubs, called the Poodle Obedience Club of N.Y.C. in the early 1940's (the club still exists today)

The subsequent growth of A.K.C. & Canadian/C.K.C.Dog Obedience Clubs & Trials was so phenomenal, that it became the most popular "dog sport" in North America, for many years

• 2 weeks later...

I placed Violet in an excellent pet home at 8 weeks, with good friends

At 6 months, she was returned to me to me because she was too energetic & too demanding of attention, for a quiet suburban home

Congratulations. Could not help smiling while reading the above paragraph.

Well done. Good job. Awesome!