Boarding Kennel Reccomendations?

Sares

I am needing to put my little furbaby in a Boarding Kennel for a couple of nights later this year.

Are there any boarding Kennels that you have taken your dog to and highly recommend?

Preferably in the Western Sydney area but will be happy to travel anywhere in Sydney if it was a really good kennel. I would even go up the mountains as far as Katoomba or even up the coast (maybe Central coast?).

I want to know that she will be well taken care of and am a bit nervous about leaving her with someone else but is unavoidable as we are attending the wedding of very close friends and need to travel away for a few days to attend and have no one to puppy sit her because everyone that would puppy sit is also attending this wedding!

There is a member on here called PAX who a lot of people use and recommend (PM her through the members list). Otherwise there are some good kennels in the Duffys Forest/Terrey Hills area.

Hopefully someone with first hand experience will share their recommendations soon :)

There is a member on here called PAX who a lot of people use and recommend (PM her through the members list). Otherwise there are some good kennels in the Duffys Forest/Terrey Hills area.

Hopefully someone with first hand experience will share their recommendations soon :)

Thank you Clyde! very much appreciated!

I do hope for some first hand experience reccomendations soon too!

I will try to message Pax as well. :thumbsup:

Acacia Lodge does look good. Also I like the fact that the dogs dont have to share. I am happy for my little one to do playtime with other dogs but definitely wont want her sharing a kennel. :D

Hey Stonecutter ,was your little one in there 2weeks ago? There was a little pom when i went to get my 3, you may have seen them all.

Pax recommended me too when they were too busy. :)

They have inside kennels, heated, and then they can go out into small outside grassy runs in the day, or stay inside, most of the little ones i saw were snuggled up inside.

I ask for mine to be left in the big paddock allday as they are used to being outside in the sun.

Very accomadating to your needs, will give meds too,( taken mine to vet twice too) and great choice of food.

Hey Stonecutter ,was your little one in there 2weeks ago? There was a little pom when i went to get my 3, you may have seen them all.

They have inside kennels, heated, and then they can go out into small outside grassy runs in the day, or stay inside, most of the little ones i saw were snuggled up inside.

I ask for mine to be left in the big paddock allday as they are used to being outside in the sun.

Very accomadating to your needs, will give meds too,( taken mine to vet twice too) and great choice of food.

How big are the kennels? They look quite small in the photos on their website. Has anyone boarded medium/large dogs there? I use Terrigal pet resort since their suites have rooms the size of a medium sized bedroom (including an actual bed) with their own grassy yard.

Hey juice - she was there 2 wks ago (and still is until we get home on Fri - yay!) - a white Jap Spitz (she's small and can be mistaken for a Pom) - hopefully she wasn't causing too much trouble!

I love that Deb uses our vet as well - meant that if anything went wrong they would already have her history.

Someone asked about kennel sizes - from memory there were different sized kennels and pens available. I considered Terrigal, but my dog isn't used to a big personal space (her kennel spot is about the same size as her laundry area at home) and they seemed a bit more pampering than we are with Z (give her an inch and she tries to take a mile)

I saw your little dog, very vocal :laugh:

Mine were the dally and white bully in together and the blue cattle.

The inside kennels are different sizes, its in a big shed.

Then they taken out into grassy runs with shade cloth, mine go out into 5 acres as they trusted not to escape.

There is only one kennel in the Duffys Forest area that I could recommend and that is Woodcroft.

I went to their website and it sounds like they let a number of dogs out together. Can you specify if you don't want your dogs to interact with other dogs? I'll never feel comfortable letting someone else decide which dogs my dogs could play with.

I am trying to book my dogs into a kennel from 21 Dec to 3 Jan. Terrigal pet resort is booked out. I called Acacia. they don't have any place either.

Can anyone suggest anything else in the Sydney area?

I am specifically looking for:

• Airconditioning
  • No sharing with other dogs
  • No play time with other dogs, but instead walks and play time with the two of them together

There is only one kennel in the Duffys Forest area that I could recommend and that is Woodcroft.

That is the only kennel in that area that I wouldn't recommend. I have had so much bad feedback about that place and went and had a look myself and thought it was awful.

All the dogs were thrown in together out in the rain and soaked through.

I went to their website and it sounds like they let a number of dogs out together. Can you specify if you don't want your dogs to interact with other dogs? I'll never feel comfortable letting someone else decide which dogs my dogs could play with.

When I enquired years ago they wouldn't keep my dogs separate and said they had to go in a large group.

Marendale Kennels will board dogs separately though.

I know it's further out for you but there is a brilliant kennel here in the Southern Highlands called Kelston. They do exactly what the owner wishes. No enforced group time, heated floors, rugged at night, special diets etc etc. Dogs who aren't to socialize with strange dogs still get outside time each day in grassed runs.

Edited by Clyde

Thanks Clyde. I checked Kelston but there wasn't much information available online and I had to make the booking asap. May be next time.

I have now booked my dogs into the Hanrob Boarding Kennel at Heathcote, in one of their luxury suites. There was only one available so I decided to put in a deposit and book it since I and my OH have to travel overseas in Dec. I am going there this weekend to have a look and if I don't like it I have the option of cancelling it.

Has anyone else used it? Any feedback?