New Little Rescue Italian Greyhound X

This little girl was dumped in overnight pens at the pound, and served her time at the pound and noone reclaimed her, she did not cope at all at the pound, I have had her overnight and she is slowly coming out of her shell, will take some nicer pics tomorrow, her ideal home and I will make sure she gets it will be in a quiet home, retired would be perfect with Iggy experience. She has very long spindly legs very iggy.

post-7867-0-40652600-1344579018_thumb.jpg

Edited by varicool

Glad to hear she's coming out of her shell. She should get adopted fairly quickly, she's very pretty.

She will be with me for a fair while, but if it was just re her looks she would already be adopted, someone wanted to adopt her last night, but totally unsuitable and she will not be going anywhere until she is 100%, I was going to get her desexed monday but will give her an extra week to settle in :thumbsup:

Guest donatella

Glad to hear she's coming out of her shell. She should get adopted fairly quickly, she's very pretty.

She will be with me for a fair while, but if it was just re her looks she would already be adopted, someone wanted to adopt her last night, but totally unsuitable and she will not be going anywhere until she is 100%, I was going to get her desexed monday but will give her an extra week to settle in :thumbsup:

The beauty of the small dog! so easily adopted! Good work once again, Lucy is sad not to have a friend for a few weeks but by the sounds of it she is totally unsuitable for our house poor darling. She'll come round, makes you wonder what her past life was like.

Guest donatella

She would probably suit a 1 dog household. Geez I wouldn't know what its like to have sleepy/lazy dogs :laugh:

The beauty of the small dog! so easily adopted! Good work once again, Lucy is sad not to have a friend for a few weeks but by the sounds of it she is totally unsuitable for our house poor darling. She'll come round, makes you wonder what her past life was like.

Plenty of large dogs are easily adopted as well depends what people are looking for.

Iggy types rarely suit a 1 dog household. Try it and they'll start escaping - digging, climbing or squeezing out. They need another animal for company normally as like most sighthounds they are prone to separation anxiety.

They are normally very playful and much more so with another Iggy type - they recognise their own breed, like Whippets.

I'd love to see her in person, shame I'm so far away.

Just from the one picture, she looks more like an Iggy/foxy cross but hard to be sure. We rescued a little Iggy/Foxy girl from Renbury recently. Apart from the fact she was very cold, she was also underweight so initially she was very quiet. After a few weeks of being cared for she was a different dog - a little dynamo. We rehomed her to a home with a 1 yr old Cavvie cross in Canberra - they play all day apparently! We received some lovely pics of them having tug of war games.

Edited by dogmad

Guest donatella

Plenty of large dogs are easily adopted as well depends what people are looking for.

I wasn't turning this into a big vs small dog adoption race by any means. Varicool knows what I meant. Since i've known her Tiny Dog Rescue, every dog has been wanted or adopted within weeks, many people having to wait until the dog is ready. I remember Marty the Chi I fostered, he had a list of people wanting him before he even hit petrescue. I'm sure its the same with the big guys too my comment was moreso a personal one between varicool and I and her rescue. I didn't mean offence, I love the big guys.

Thanks dogmad, will definitely find her a home with another little dog companion, I will get a video of her which will give you a good idea about her def want your expert opinion as you know. them so well :-) She has been really good so far with my mob, Harvey tried to get her playing yesterday she wasn't quite sure but give her a few more days and I am sure she will, is an affectionate wee thing and is crate trained sleeps great overnight :-) She could have patella issues will get that checked out. She walks very choppy although she has been wearing doggy pj's since getting her out hopefully it warms up a bit today, she does feel the cold. No idea how she survived a freezing night in a dog pound drop off box.

Thanks dogmad, will definitely find her a home with another little dog companion, I will get a video of her which will give you a good idea about her def want your expert opinion as you know. them so well :-) She has been really good so far with my mob, Harvey tried to get her playing yesterday she wasn't quite sure but give her a few more days and I am sure she will, is an affectionate wee thing and is crate trained sleeps great overnight :-) She could have patella issues will get that checked out. She walks very choppy although she has been wearing doggy pj's since getting her out hopefully it warms up a bit today, she does feel the cold. No idea how she survived a freezing night in a dog pound drop off box.

So glad you got her! Even with people they do take a while to trust normally, she's obviously more Iggy than whatever else is in there.

Some Iggies have a bandy walk but hopefully the vet will be able to check her out soon.

We called our Foxy/iggy girl "Venetia" LOL, we like to give them all Italian names. She's now known as "Molly" ...

I took this short video, not very happy about me following with a camera as you can imagine, will do another one in a couple of weeks to see the hopefully improvement in her :thumbsup:

Edited by varicool

That tail does appear at times haha, in a couple of weeks she will be strutting around, she was very interested in the horses went right up to the fence and watched them then pranced back tail in the air :-) Of course didn't film that arghhh