Talk Me Out Of It

Teebs

i wont foster.

Kaos has issues with other dogs, and it wouldnt be fair on her to bring them in and out, if she was ok then i would 100% look into it

I also have my 11 year old cat bella to think of, she is having a few issues since i lost Atlas, i would hate for her to get attached to another dog, and have it leave.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You are preggers and clucky... Your mind is not your own - it's the hormones.

Borrow a puppy or offer to puppy sit for a week - hopefully all that puppy mess will cure you.

I think you are totally nuts for even thinking that you could deal with everything you have going on and adding a puppy into the mix..

Wait and get the perfect pup at the perfect time.

What she said.

Dont do it.

You are preggers and clucky... Your mind is not your own - it's the hormones.

Borrow a puppy or offer to puppy sit for a week - hopefully all that puppy mess will cure you.

I think you are totally nuts for even thinking that you could deal with everything you have going on and adding a puppy into the mix..

Wait and get the perfect pup at the perfect time.

I agree totally, you have no idea how the baby may change things - if it is an easy baby or one that doesn't sleep or settle easily or how you'll feel once it's born. I definitely wouldn't do it. Wait and see how you feel once the baby is born.

Kaos has issues with other dogs, and it wouldnt be fair on her to bring them in and out, if she was ok then i would 100% look into it

I also have my 11 year old cat bella to think of, she is having a few issues since i lost Atlas, i would hate for her to get attached to another dog, and have it leave.

This would seal it for me. If Kaos is not good with other dogs it would be hard for you to try and integrate one right now. Even with puppy licence if Kaos doesn't like the pup (or decides not to like it when puppy licence expires) if you are heavily pregnant or having just had a C section, how will you manage two dogs if they start fighting?

I know its all 'what if's but make a list of positives and negatives and see which one is longer. We can do it for you if you want cause DOL always has an opinion. smile.gif

but i still want a puppy :laugh:

I want 10 tibbies but I don't need 10 tibbies. :)

Separate out 'wanting' from 'needing'. One's a wish, the other's reality.

There's a saying, 'If wishing were horses then beggars would ride.'

Roll out the Good 'Ole Reality Check. :)

:laugh:

i know what the right thing to do is *sigh*

Feel your pain with decision making! I am not expecting, but my life is crazy busy right now that when the perfect puppy recently came available, I had to battle with myself to make a decision and in the end I decided there were far too many cons outweighing pros. I may not ever be presented with such a perfect opportunity again as I just had, but I couldn't let that be my decision maker. There is never a good time for a puppy, but I do know there are times when it is even worse! Now was that time for me. Maybe in a few years time things will be different, and another perfect puppy may come up. I'll never know, but I am happy with my decision (while sad!), and learning to appreciate what I already have, instead of always wanting more (terrible habit of mine!) :)

Teebs.......this is what we call baby brain, your not thinking clearly... just ask yourself if you would like to raise twins instead of an only child? because you will be doing double duties.....

yeah, but that comment is made to someone who was almost in tears when the ultrasound only showed one baby :o :o

I would kill to have twins!

Teebs.......this is what we call baby brain, your not thinking clearly... just ask yourself if you would like to raise twins instead of an only child? because you will be doing double duties.....

yeah, but that comment is made to someone who was almost in tears when the ultrasound only showed one baby :o :o

I would kill to have twins!

Lol so would I, BUT! I think you start with one... wait till spud is 6-8 months or so then decide... I think you need to see how you will cope the last thing you want is a meltdown... not good for you spud or pup. ow and the OH ahah

You could always give it to me if it gets too much( if its white of course :thumbsup: )

Personally, no time is ever right, my first was easy and i took her out in a backpack to walk the dogs, then in a buggy with 3 dogs, no probs, however non where pups.

General feeling seems to be to wait, but i do agree with clyde as they start to move and crawl they are actually harder work.

So ,which pups do you like?

It is different work as they get older. I find I worry about them less once they get a bit older - when tiny bubs I did worry about whether they were breathing when they were sleeping :o especially if the nap was long or overnight. At least you feel more human once you are getting decent sleep and once the hormones settle down!

When I was pregnant I really wanted another puppy. Thank dog I didn't get one!!! For the first few months old my son's life my poor dogs got hardly any attention from me because all I did was look after a newborn and try and get sleep. Things are easier now but I'm still thankful OH talked me out of it

:laugh: juice

as if i would get an ugly white bully! Has to be a coloured!

Im tossing up between the Bully, a Rottie, French Bulldog and British Bulldog. I know, different breeds, i have had experience with the Brits. KNow a lady who has a litter of Frenchies due next year and also know a wonderful Rottie breeder whos dogs i LOVE (have known her and her dogs for 9 years) who will be having a litter in 18 months - 2 years.