Litters Due November 2012

Monteba

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 2 are turning into fat little slugs. Luckily they are also strong and active and manoeuvring easily around the obstacle course that is their whelping box (Jazz has decided no matter what I put int here that it must be scrunched up and rearranged, but with the heat we have had I can't say I blame her).

So far the boy has gained 380 grams and the girl 340 grams. I expect he will reach double his birth weight tomorrow and she will on Saturday.

We had a rough 24 hours with things going downhill Thursday night.

Puppies are fine and Jazz is now too but she was running a temp and unsettled. Not much sleep Thursday night keeping an eye on her and a vet visit yesterday. She had the start of mastitis developing. An antibiotic injection and a day of keeping it empty and massaging it and fingers crossed we are over that hurdle.

Puppies are fine and Jazz is now too but she was running a temp and unsettled. Not much sleep Thursday night keeping an eye on her and a vet visit yesterday. She had the start of mastitis developing. An antibiotic injection and a day of keeping it empty and massaging it and fingers crossed we are over that hurdle.

:crossfingers:

Hope everything continues to improve and that you can have a relaxing weekend just kissing those little bubs..

Get better soon Jazz.

Well November ended up with some highs and lows here...Brandi was ultrasounded and although I saw two, vet said no...no pups...our lovely GSD girl had three when all was said and done..two sable girls and a black/tan boy..now to wait a bit to see if there is a longcoat in there. They are just over a week of age now and fat slugs living on full cream milk from their outstanding mother.

My girl (German Pinscher) failed to conceive and is now on a diet after an impressive phantom...strike two for her and surgical implant, this time with the semen from Spain. :*(

2 days ago my bitch Luna spiked a high fever and had to be rushed t the vet. She has an infection and was dehydrating (it was40 deg here that day). So a, now bottle feeding the pups as she doesn't have enough milk plus syringing electrolytes and beef liver broth into Luna every few hrs. However I am grateful pups are thriving and Luna is slowly improving, she has eaten small amounts voluntarily several times.

day 5

8ba7db5a4cf63cf5193fe772096048c5.jpg

Congrats on the shepherd babies Angelsun and bad luck about your German Pinscher :(

Indigirl - glad Luna is on the way up. It is so scary when they go downhill like that :( I was getting worried with Jazz the other night that we were going to have the same issue but luckily her temp was mastitis and easily managed as we got it early and she still has heaps of milk. I was worried about dehydration as well with the awful days we had so was offering her a lot of goats milk or water with a bit of manuka honey in it to keep her drinking.