The New Pet Rescue Site?

if anyone is confused about the bumping on PR, I have just worked out how to bump more easily.

1. log in

2. go to rescue directory and search for your rescue then click on it

3. on the right will be the list of animals you have in care - go to the last page of these listings (because the ones on the last page will be the ones that need the bumping)

4. click on a listing

5. there is a little 'bump' button next to the edit button above the photo - click it and it bumps the listing

also I have just bookmarked our rescue page so I don't have to manually look for it in the rescue directory every time - I just go to my recent bookmarked pages on my browser and click our rescue page bookmark

sorry if people already knew this, just took me ages to work out and is so much easier now so thought I would share

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another notice on Facebook, for those not using it:

PetRescue are still seeing the same amount of enquiries sent from the site to groups each day as the previous site; we've not seen a drop in potential adopters.

However, there are some important things to check to ensure your PetRescue account is running at its best;

- When logged into the members area go to 'Messages' this is a record of all emails sent to you via the site. Any message here should also come to you via your email.

- Emails are now coming from the email address '[email protected]' rather than [email protected], so check your spam to make sure that enquiries aren't going there (especially if you have enquiries in your messages that you haven't had as an email)

- There 'basic' search (rather than advanced search) has been reordered so that searching by state is the first option, (then postcode in advanced). This is the way the previous search worked, will make sure the most amount of pets are seen by the most amount of people and may have an impact on your enquires.

- There has been an issue with the postcode search but this was fixed at the end of last week, so should be fine now.

I hope things are getting better for you all (and especially the pooches/kitties).

Looks like FB is now the place to find things and get messages, I don't as a rule use it it is just another tool to have to use, with all the other places to search, who has time to look on all these sites, I don't and am sure many others don't either. Who does rescue on FB when DOL is where the dog related stuff is so it's all just a pain realy :mad

I still want most of the 48 resue groups listed in the ACT taken off, but that will never happen :mad .

It is also a pain that the dogs are in alphabetical order if you need to reinstate a dog and you only moved it a day or so ago and it is a dog called Walter then you have to scroll through pages and pages of dogs sometimes page 20, very time confusing :mad

Simone the list of animal is not in bumping order but in alphabetical so that doesn't work. I also received an email from PR regarding this and they told me to change the order with the little arrow at the top which again doesn't do it.

Also they have said "The visual layout of the site is pretty much going to stay the same"

I have asked that the green/yellow writing be put into bold and bigger print if possible which would help.

[Looks like FB is now the place to find things and get messages, I don't as a rule use it it is just another tool to have to use, with all the other places to search, who has time to look on all these sites, I don't and am sure many others don't either. Who does rescue on FB when DOL is where the dog related stuff is so it's all just a pain realy :mad

I still want most of the 48 resue groups listed in the ACT taken off, but that will never happen :mad .

Hi keetamouse, that's why I've been posting the messages I see on FB because I thought there'd be some DOLers who don't use it. PR has a 'live feed' type thingy on the website home page, so you can see the messages there as well, but you won't know to look for them!

With the dog listing bumping question, is it possible the ID numbers are able to be sorted so you get the older listings all together? Or do the rehomed dogs keep being mixed in with those still being advertised? Sounds very confusing.

Simone the list of animal is not in bumping order but in alphabetical so that doesn't work. I also received an email from PR regarding this and they told me to change the order with the little arrow at the top which again doesn't do it.

Also they have said "The visual layout of the site is pretty much going to stay the same"

I have asked that the green/yellow writing be put into bold and bigger print if possible which would help.

It is in alphabetical order in your MEMBERS AREA, but on the public page there is a feed on the right and they are not in alphabetical order, they are in bumping order

Since the new site launched, I haven't had a single enquiry. Just to check that emails were getting through, I sent myself one and also checked the message section on the PetRescue site. That seemed to be working fine so I can only assume that there actually haven't been any enquiries at all. Very disappointing :(

Looks like it'll be necessary to go back to listing dogs on a variety of sites.

This is the exact same thing thing that is happening to us... i sent and email and it came through. But we have had no inquiries at all :(

Since the new site launched, I haven't had a single enquiry. Just to check that emails were getting through, I sent myself one and also checked the message section on the PetRescue site. That seemed to be working fine so I can only assume that there actually haven't been any enquiries at all. Very disappointing :(

Looks like it'll be necessary to go back to listing dogs on a variety of sites.

Me too. I did a test email to myself and the other primary rescuer in our group. We both got our emails too but something is afoot.... my spam filters are regularly checked and junk mail boxes - nothing in there and there would also be something in the messages section of the PR site anyway if that was the case...

A steady stream of emails and then...............one email enquiry since 14/10/12.......apart from the ones I sent as a test - one email in over two weeks?

There is clearly something wrong....whether the usability of the site is the problem or there is a glitch somewhere....something is having a major impact on our email enquiries also......

Phone enquiries are now at barely a few a week for me now as opposed to a few/day previously if not more but at least they are still coming I guess..

Its a worry though.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anything improved? Have inquiries increased at all?

Not for us.

We get the odd enquiry through our own website but as I advertise elsewhere, I'd expect this. Since re-launch, still not a single enquiry through PR.

The fact that enquiries have dropped means there is something wrong and rather than just defend the new site, I think PR need to focus on what made it so popular to start with- clean, user friendly, easy to find dogs in your own area.

Edited by Hardy's Angel

Has anything improved? Have inquiries increased at all?

Still some problems with uploading photos. But our enquiries haven't stopped one but! We have had a lot of cute puppies in the past few weeks. I'm averaging 10-15 enquiries for each pup, either email from PR or phone. Adult dog enquiries slower though.

Have you had any replies/communication from PetRescue?

Just wondering, because I've been a huge supporter and would hate to think all that great work over the last few years suddenly becomes redundant (except to those pets already saved).

I've only got one dog on PR but since the new launch I have not had a single enquiry. Prior to that he had 3 enquiries (which didn't work out). He is currently on trial at a new home which was through word of mouth.

Edited by shmoo

Things were very very slow for me at first but at least enquiries have picked up a little (touch wood). I've had some major issues to sort out with my profile/listing of late but I must say the PR team have been very helpful and quick to communicate and recitfy issues for me asap. Thumbs up to them all, especially Vickie.

Edited by Just Andrea