4 Year Old Riley Found With Beloved Dogs

Squidgy

LITTLE Riley Martin spent the night cuddled with one of his beloved dogs as a major search was launched for the four-year-old this morning.

Four-year-old Riley, who has down syndrome, and his three dogs were last seen at the family home in Short St, Nambucca Heads, at midday yesterday.

The boy was found sleeping with his dogs.

A NSW Police spokesman said Riley appeared to be in good health.

"It appears everything is going to be okay,'' he said this morning.

Riley's mum Bianca Graham was unable to describe her elation when she discovered her boy had been spotted.

"I feel like I'm the happiest I've ever been,'' she told Channel 10.

"This feels better than anything.

"He's been seen asleep with the dogs...I don't care about the dogs, they can go to the pound for all I care. As long as my Riley comes home.''

Earlier, police and volunteers searched the surrounding areas yesterday afternoon but were unsuccessful.

He disappeared from his Nambucca Heads home with his three dogs - a kelpie and two fox terriers - at midday on Wednesday.

His relieved mother Bianca Graham said news of her son being alive made her "the happiest I have ever felt''

I have been following this story hoping that he will be found safe his parents must be relieved and overjoyed

but part of this story made me quite angry.

"He's been seen asleep with the dogs...I don't care about the dogs, they can go to the pound for all I care. As long as my Riley comes home.''
THIS PISSED ME OFF THESE DOGS HELP SAVE HER SONS LIFE AND SHE HAS LITTE REGARD FOR THEIRS :mad

That comment also left a sour taste in my mouth. Obviously she is overjoyed the child is back however it's fairly callous to say the dogs could go to the pound for all she cares... especially if they helped keep the child safe... perhaps it was taken out of context.

Great news.. I watched the reunion with his mum this morning..

I have been following it to and so hoping he was going to be OK... Deep down I thought he would be because he had his dogs with him...

He is one lucky little guy...

I saw that quote too and felt queasy.

Poor dogs, and poor kid!

OH heard something about the older boy left the gate open and dogs went wandering so Riley went wandering too - heartstopping bit was when they found his pyjamas near the water's edge - but at least they're all ok.

What a stupid woman. If the dogs had not been with him anything could have happened. They were the best protection he could have had. I would be so grateful to those dogs for staying with my boy if I was dumb enough to lose them all in the first place.

Unreal ,callous & uncalled for. Why even think it let alone say it.

What a stupid woman. If the dogs had not been with him anything could have happened. They were the best protection he could have had. I would be so grateful to those dogs for staying with my boy if I was dumb enough to lose them all in the first place.

Agree.

The poor woman while stupid for not having a lock on the gate knowing he has done it before was highly stressed, her child was missing. Give the poor woman a break. She has later said according to another news article that she knows that the dogs kept him safe. As much as I love my dogs they were my first babies (well after the cat) if they were missing with my daughter, my daughter will always be my first concern.

Agree.

I get the feeling the woman is actually blaming the dogs for the child going off??? :mad ....so glad the kid is okay.

It is totally pointless to get your knickers in a knot over a media story. The article quotes one line. Other articles have a totally different spin on it. I ignore all emotive stuff in articles and simply focus on the facts, which in this case is that the boy is back home.

This has the mother saying that she knew the dogs kept the little boy safe - http://news.ninemsn.com.au/smartphone/article.aspx?id=8542488

I couldn't imagine what that poor mother went through. I'm sure if my 4 yr old daughter went missing I would say some things I would later regret.

Never trust everything you read. How do you know that the journalist wasn't asking something along the lines of "Aren't you concerned about the dogs?" And flustered she made that comment??? Other articles say she is grateful for the dogs being with him. Don't jump to conclusions because of one sentence in the media.

Guest Willow

If it's in the media, it must be true!!! :)

I strongly suspect it's either a misquoted, or taken out of context and twisted comment made by a distraught, stressed mother.

I hope it is a misquotation :(

as I said before I understand that she would be relieved and overjoyed etc that her baby is home I just thought that comment was a bit a callous towards animals that kept her son alive, but if everyone thinks it may be a misquotation then well I will leave it at that. :)

Agree.

I get the feeling the woman is actually blaming the dogs for the child going off??? :mad ....so glad the kid is okay.

She said (I think) on today this morning that the dogs ran out of the open gate and the little boy followed. I personally found the whole thing odd watching it this morning. The way she was acting and things she was saying were just interesting for someone who's disabled son had wandered off :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree.

She said (I think) on today this morning that the dogs ran out of the open gate and the little boy followed. I personally found the whole thing odd watching it this morning. The way she was acting and things she was saying were just interesting for someone who's disabled son had wandered off :/

I also saw her on the Today show this morning, and at first was just happy seeing her reunited. Then I too thought she made some very strange comment, one minute blaming the dogs, the next saying her son is a known "Runner", I think the dogs followed him rather than the other way around and thank goodness they did, but I also wouldn't judge someone for stupid things they say under emotional circumstances and with cameras pointed at them, she may have been just rattling off anything without thinking or meaning what she said.