Sammy The Anti-gardener And His Big Weekend

Katdogs

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No tennis - it rained just before we kicked off, and we didn't want to damage the court.

No one got drunk - it was very civilised... well, as civilised as it can get with half a dozen dogs playing mad zoomies... lol!

Everyone got lots of doggy kisses from every doggy there - it was dog lover's heaven!

I think the naughtiest goes to Harper who decided to get snappy with Sammy when something was dropped on the floor and they both went for it... *sigh*

We had minimax and her partner with Max and Boston the pugs (lovely black pugs!), Madwoofter with Fleming and Tess (I'm in luurve with both of them), me with Harper, Katdogs' 3 stunners, Stevie, Jodie, and Sammy, k9angel with little man Jack and Jasmine, and Cazstaff and Leah.

Good food cooked to perfection by Katdogs' OH the BBQ king (and awesome salads and sweets brought by the partygoers), great company, and lots of dogs having a great time with each other... it was brilliant!

I took over 500 photos and have pruned out all of the ones that showed only dog butts or were blurred - still have 360-odd to sort through before I will post some though - maybe tomorrow morning, because I'm totally shattered right now... *grin*... every dog has a few photos

I reckon the highlight of the day was Max the pug leading the way for a zoomie conga line in and out of the doggy pool... pug zoomies are heaps of fun...

T.

Well? Whose drunk? Whose full? Who played tennis? Who got lots of doggy kisses? Whose dog was the most naughty/embarrassing?

I had a wonderful day!, it was so nice to be among fellow dog lovers and rescue people again. To answer your questions in order Little Gifts....

Im not drunk(had to drive), Nope I didnt play tennis...Yep I got lots and lots of lovely sloppy doggy kisses :thumbsup: , as for who's dog was embarrassing or naughty?? No ones! They were all adorable together.

Little Sammy definitely won the cutest baby, what a gorgeous boy he is :love: :love: His big sisters Stevie and Jody are both beautiful dogs so he's a lucky boy to have such great role models.

The pug bubs Max and Boston are too cute, I bet Max is still asleep! I have never seen such a ball of energy :laugh: she played zoomies with the big dogs round and round and in and out of the pool! So funny.

Madwoofters Tess is a gorgeous big girl, wolfy x dane :love: :love: , her stunning big brother Flemming was enjoying playing with the young ones.

It was extra lovely to finally meet the amazing K9angel and her talented side kick Jack, what special people they are.They brought pretty Jasmine with them and I got a lovely cuddle with her. Rach also had baked some special treats for all the dogs to share, don't know how you do so much special lady!

My dear T was there too with her very yummy Harper :love: :love: OMG, what a stunner she is. So pretty and soft and BIG. I had lots of Harper cuddles and kisses.

Thankyou so much Katdogs and your OH for such a lovely relaxing day of yummy food and extra special company!

:grouphug:

We're all exhausted in this house!

Nothing madder than Pug/Lab/Daney zoomies! Five black dogs and a blue fawn brindle all in a blur! Except Jodie thought it was a bit silly when there were people around just waiting to throw the ball for her.

All the dogs were wonderful except possibly Princess Stevie feeling like she was being treated like a dog, not a person, when it came to waiting for us all to eat. Must work on that.

We had the most beautiful salads and cupcakes and brownies - special mention must be made of the Dog Poo On The Lawn cupcakes by Cazstaff and Leah's puppy shaped brownies! K9Angel thought she couldn't come so sent her partner with lovely surprise cinnamon cupcakes and a HUGE number of special Easter theme home-made dog treats - then she and Jack and sweet Jasmine turned up later after puppy duties anyway :) MadWoofter made an awesome Greek salad AND a rice salad and when the maddest zoomies were over she ducked home to bring back the gorgeous Tess and Fleming. Minimax and the family WOW brought so much good stuff but the bbq was running a little late due to the damp so they didn't get to eat much - next time I owe them a big meal - actually Minimax if you're quick tomorrow and come back you MIGHT get some cupcakes!

Gotta love DOL for giving me the chance to meet such lovely generous people!

And of course TD was there taking photos! In spite of her bad back she managed to cuddle all the dogs, don't worry! Harper was very very good for being such a big puppy with potentially pug-squishing feet.

My lovely parents visited too - dad was well and truly PUGGED!

Sammy is now snoring through his dinner time. Tired dogs are good dogs :D

Edited by Katdogs

The very best thing was being at a BBQ where one DIDN'T have to tell others not to feed the dogs... lol!

And no-one was fussed if there were any dog hairs or slobber on them... *grin*... or in Katdogs' Dad's case a very wet pug sitting on him (and I have photos!)

T.

Sorry I couldn't stay, but I really wanted to come and say Hi and meet everyone and give the pups a chance to play... although I didnt think Max would quite play that much :rofl:

She's my manic pug. whenever people say things about pugs being quiet and lazy and not energetic I just laugh, because she's been like that since she was born. Crazy little thing, she's been flaked out for hours while we were out tonight but was up ready to play when we got home!

We will definitely have to get together again, thank you for hosting Katdogs!

My two are comatose :laugh: It was so lovely to be around such well behaved hairies and considering most of them hadn't met before they all got along so well. Tess & Fleming both had a 'play' but the highlight for them was getting lots of cuddles from the hoomans.

Caz's cupcakes were DIVINE... even with "poo" on top. I don't normally eat sweets / cakes but I could have scoffed a few of those :laugh:

The puppies were sooo well behaved, and it was such a joy to watch them all playing. The zoomies through the water were hilarious, and lots of bitey-face games took place.

It was wonderful to meet everyone and put names to faces I have seen around for ages.

But most importantly, a massive thanks to Katdogs (and her OH) for hosting (with the mosting :) ) us all. You guys rock :rock:

Edited by MadWoofter

I really didn't think we were going to make it today, but so glad we did. :)

It was absolutely lovely meeting you all, including your gorgeous pooches. :thumbsup:

It was lovely to finally meet you and Leah too Caz. :)

All the doggies were gorgeous. Tess had a thing for Jaz and wanted to play with her so badly. :laugh:

Sammy is adorable. Jack loved him and was also fascinated and impressed by Jodies ball catching ability.

Tess, Fleming, Harper, and Stevie were also very sweet & gorgeous dogs.

Jasmine was hanging around everyone for pats, especially Caz and Leah. :)

It was lovely to meet your OH and your parents too Katdogs. :thumbsup:

Thanks so much for inviting us. :thanks:

Some pics I took today.

Jack with Tess

8478618134_fcfc7f4ff7_z.jpg

Tess following Jasmine :laugh:

8477541995_e109833863_z.jpg

Sammy taking a well earned break.

8478639506_9421f62489_z.jpg

Sammy (in the clam pool), Jaz and Tess

8477566385_951626a81f_z.jpg

I love this pic of Jodie in mid air catching the ball :laugh:

8477573339_db5d4ea584_z.jpg

Jack patting Sammy

8477603983_fd50fee488_z.jpg

8477618803_94d17bc04e_z.jpg

Jack throwing the ball for Jodie

8477606911_c74870dc39_z.jpg

Jack giving Fleming cuddles

8478747974_779c91d9e3_z.jpg

Harper taking a rest

8477709243_cb8727d0d3_z.jpg

Couple more to come. :)

Sorry i didn't make it, stuff with kids got in the way.

Would love to come next time and meet everyone, it would be worth the hike. ( and you really do have a tennis court looking at the pics!) impressed .( not that i play, but would give my kids an incentive to come, then i could). :D

Not too bad a hike juice - we are really close to the Belmore Rd exit from the M5... less than 2 minutes once you exit.

The funniest thing I noticed was that ALL of the black dogs thoroughly enjoyed getting wet in the puppy pool, but the 2 non-black dogs refused to climb in... lol! Although Harper eventually managed to get her two front feet in before deciding to try to "save" Sammy by grabbing his collar and trying to pull him out of the wet stuff... *giggle*

I'm just going to go through my photos now, then will post a nice selection... there will be quite a few methinks, as all of the dogs had such a great time and looked to be thoroughly enjoying each other's company immensely.

T.

Okies, I've pruned down to 27 photos - so it's going to take 3 posts to get them all up...

First up, single shots of each of the dogs that attended the BBQ...

Stevie

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq001.jpg

Max

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq011.jpg

Boston

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq015.jpg

Harper

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq025.jpg

Sammy

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq057.jpg

Fleming

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq345.jpg

Jasmine

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq474.jpg

Tess

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq500.jpg

Jodie

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq517.jpg

*note* the photos of Tess and Jodie were taken by the lovely Leah... I'm thinking she has a pretty good eye - hint hint Caz... *grin*

More coming...

Edited by tdierikx

Hey - where you went?

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq054.jpg

Pool time!

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq079.jpg

Is wets in there - me helps you out, OK?

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq105.jpg

Pug zoomies!!

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq165.jpg

Zoomies is even better when it involves water!

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq170.jpg

Bitey face pug/lab style...

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq213.jpg

Splashies!

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq218.jpg

More pug zoomies...

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq257.jpg

Hey! She's BIGGER than ME!

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq333.jpg

One more lot to come...

Edited by tdierikx

Who you calling OLD? I plays good!

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq381.jpg

... and I also knows how to cool off...

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq414.jpg

New friends...

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq459.jpg

Sorry Jaz... couldn't resist...

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq490.jpg

I haz kisses for Aunty Caz... yep - she tastes GOOD!

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq497.jpg

My turn!

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq505.jpg

Yummy treats!!

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq464.jpg

Cool cupcakes!

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq467.jpg

How everyone felt at the end of the day... *yawn*

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq513.jpg

A great time had by all methinks...

T.

Ha! I broke DOL AGAIN just when I hit post...

Anyway, I was saying thanks T (and Leah) for the lovely photos. I thought we'd need video to capture the silliness of the zoomies but I think you got it!

It was a great day and yes we must do it again one day :thumbsup:

Ha! I broke DOL AGAIN just when I hit post...

Anyway, I was saying thanks T (and Leah) for the lovely photos. I thought we'd need video to capture the silliness of the zoomies but I think you got it!

It was a great day and yes we must do it again one day :thumbsup:

Wonderful pix. OMG, Caz!! Poo Cup Cakes :eek::eek:

Rach, your doggy shapes and bones - :thumbsup::thumbsup: