sheenat

I'm so sorry for your loss but I'm happy for you that you're getting another dog. It will never take their place, but will make it's own little place in your heart.

I've kept all my dogs collars, tags and leads in a special "memory" drawer but recycled their beds and bedding for each new dog as it came along. It's kinda nice seeing them get handed down over the "generations".

Good luck with your new one!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations. I am sure that your house will feel complete again with Harry racing around. Mine always does when someone new comes after someone goes .... you can never replace them, but you can remember them and the pleasure they shared. :)

How nice that the breeder has black and tan pups.

Good luck with Harry, I wish you a long and happy life together.

Edited by Jed

Congratulations. I am sure that your house will feel complete again with Harry racing around. Mine always does when someone new comes after someone goes .... you can never replace them, but you can remember them and the pleasure they shared. :)

How nice that the breeder has black and tan pups.

Good luck with Harry, I wish you a long and happy life together.

Thank you!!! Im sure we are going to be a very happy and busy household. The balck and Tan Cockers seem to be getting quite popular now. Thanks for all your help!!

I'm so sorry for your loss but I'm happy for you that you're getting another dog. It will never take their place, but will make it's own little place in your heart.

I've kept all my dogs collars, tags and leads in a special "memory" drawer but recycled their beds and bedding for each new dog as it came along. It's kinda nice seeing them get handed down over the "generations".

Good luck with your new one!

Thank you, after everyones comments last night I am going to keep Mollys beds, I am sure we will go through some puppy chewing so will put her good beds away clean so he has nice new beds when hes a little more grown up, I will leave her beds out till he comes home, I dont know why but it is comforting having them around still.

How exciting to have this new little guy come to help fill the hole in your heart :) It's never easy losing them, but I found Rusty really helped after the loss of my first dog. I still have to stuff in the shed, 4 and a half years later...just can't part with it yet :o

Can't wait to see photos of Harry as he grows :D

How exciting to have this new little guy come to help fill the hole in your heart :) It's never easy losing them, but I found Rusty really helped after the loss of my first dog. I still have to stuff in the shed, 4 and a half years later...just can't part with it yet :o

Can't wait to see photos of Harry as he grows :D

Sure there will be photos galore ad thanks for your kind comments.

Blacks are the best. Absolutely!! Dunno why everyone wants gold. Gold pups sell like crazy, and no one wants those gorgeous black ones. Black ones are like velvet moving over the ground with gorgeous eyes in there somewhere.

Blacks are the best. Absolutely!! Dunno why everyone wants gold. Gold pups sell like crazy, and no one wants those gorgeous black ones. Black ones are like velvet moving over the ground with gorgeous eyes in there somewhere.

what a fantastic description!!!!!! I so wanted gold hence Molly but looking forwards to a black smudge!!!!

What a lovely/sad, lovely/happy thread.

Your Molly was indeed a beautiful girl, Sheenat, and young Harry the Lad is a very lucky boy to be joining your household.

There is another thread about getting a Cocker at Christmas, so we lucky DOLers are in for lots and lots of Cocker Puppy photographs.

There will be lots of cute pictures yay. I feel happy-sad still soooooooooo miss my Molly dog!!!!

There will be lots of cute pictures yay. I feel happy-sad still soooooooooo miss my Molly dog!!!!

You will always miss your Molly Dog, Sheenat. I have 10 urns on my bookshelf and I still think of just about every one of them just about every day.

There does come a time, when, if they have lived to a good age like Molly, you start to remember with a smile instead of tears.

And even when there are tears, there will be smiles because you will see Harry hooning around like a likely lad should. :)

You will always miss your Molly Dog, Sheenat. I have 10 urns on my bookshelf and I still think of just about every one of them just about every day.

There does come a time, when, if they have lived to a good age like Molly, you start to remember with a smile instead of tears.

And even when there are tears, there will be smiles because you will see Harry hooning around like a likely lad should. :)

Thank you that made me teary lol!!! I know and we have been laughing about what a terribly naughty puppy Molly was and still was VERY naughty right up till 3 months before she passed away. She stole things like you would not believe, she did it very honestly and just buried them in the garden, last year she stole 4 presents from under the Christmas tree we found the last present in May in a spot she had never used before. The most clever dog who did so many tricks (years of puppy school.... she loved it and was the star pupil) and was soooooo obediant but was a total cleptomaniac (sp??) lol