Guest Panzer Attack!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JRT. And please get a rough coat so I can fall in love thumbsup1.gif

I am sure there are social, non excessive barking JRT's in rescue.

The dog my ex kept is half JRT and perfect in every way, shape and form :D so getting another Jack would be sooo unfair on the new dog. I looooove rough JRTs too! We went to a shelter to meet one the other day and the first thing she did was snap at Barkly lol so she was a no go... We've been visiting shelters HEAPS and not finding anything so maybe I AM being far too picky??

When I walked in to the pen and saw Bam for the first time, my heart skipped a beat, the earth stopped moving and I KNEW she was going to be mine forever. Maybe that's only a once in a lifetime experience... I don't know...

Maybe it is more about finding the right individual dog, not the right breed, if that makes sense?

And you're allowed to be picky, this dog is going to be living with you for quite a lot time! Actually, you should be picky :laugh:

stans mum - awww, I just love them so much and really wish they were the right dog, their gorgeous faces kill me and they're soooo sweet!!! I love looking at your sig :) One day I will have one, I promise!

Kavik - yeah I know re the Shelties. I'm happy to get a dog that is small - medium, just not a really big one. 20kg would be my limit. I would definitely consider a Sheltie if it had the right temperament and hadn't been allowed to bark bark bark from a young age! Same with a Schipp. I need to meet some!

My favourite breeds are Bedlingtons (lol, i have no idea if they'd suit but i LOVVVEEE THEMMM), Cardigan Corgis (again, I have no idea), Brittanys and Kelpies. I don't know what the last two are like in terms of living with them but they seem like really sweet dogs. Lowchen have been suggested to me but if I get another patella dog I'm gonna cry!

A Kelpie would probably suit- particularly if you do go down the rescue route and can chose a mature, slightly quieter version. Mine are very chilled at home (read couch hog/bed hog) and I call them a velcro breed! I have been studying for a week and have had constant company the entire time and my 18mth old pup already understands the concept of sleeping in :laugh: . When I take them out its a different matter- go go go go!! Great sports dogs, willing to please.

I am not sure re taking them everywhere- it depends what you mean. Abby is a therapy dog, can be taken anywhere but I have to manage her ie take a crate, make sure she isnt bugging people to throw a ball etc. Vs Demi the Finnish Lapphund who goes everywhere and has a nap so no management required. I have met Kelpies that are more chilled but they tend to be ones that havent had their drive built up to do sports etc.

Would an Aussie Shep work perhaps? The ones I have met are more chilled than a Kelpie but still do well in agility/obedience? I am pretty sure there are rescue adults or retired show dogs that pop up reasonably often.

I think females of both breeds would be less than 20kg.

Edited by Jumabaar

Guest Panzer Attack!

Weeelllll we went to the Lost Dogs Home today to look at a brown mini poodle but she was already on hold x 2 :( BUT we found a different dog that seems to be perfect and Luke and Alkhe both loved her too and we were talking about names to name a female dog on the way over and as we left Luke realised this dog's name is a short version!!! Absolutely NOT a breed mix I would EVER consider but once we get her home to trial hopefully things will be awesome *fingers crossed*

:) :) :)

Weeelllll we went to the Lost Dogs Home today to look at a brown mini poodle but she was already on hold x 2 :( BUT we found a different dog that seems to be perfect and Luke and Alkhe both loved her too and we were talking about names to name a female dog on the way over and as we left Luke realised this dog's name is a short version!!! Absolutely NOT a breed mix I would EVER consider but once we get her home to trial hopefully things will be awesome *fingers crossed*

:) :) :)

Yep - you will know the right one when you come across it. That was quick! :laugh:

Guest Panzer Attack!

Well as it turns out, we took Scooter in to meet the dog and she lunged and went ballistic at him! :( I feel awful but we had to leave her there...

But fate intervened and the most GORGEOUS little fluff became available just as we walked past. He's a year and a half, incredibly placid, has an amazing gait, Scooter looooves him, he's very food driven and he's sitting in the back of Luke's car right now :D

JRT. And please get a rough coat so I can fall in love thumbsup1.gif

I am sure there are social, non excessive barking JRT's in rescue.

I was going to suggest a jack as well and of course a roughie because they are the best :p. the only really aggro jacks I have met and know are back yard bred 'fake' jrt's. Nothing nicer than a well bred pedigree.