Something Very, Very Weird

yellowgirl

:eek: Please keep this thread going......

I also think it was someone sticking their head through the doggy door..........but when the dogs all started they scared them away.

May 1000 Clowns attack the rotten person who did this.

Oh yes and what will the Tin hat achieve ?? I have started thinking I might just get the alfoil out and start a New Model for my Melbourne Cup Hat for tomorrow.... :D

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like an idiot. (And that's me being polite.)

If someone did put their head through the doggy door, how did they get access to the yard? And why would you do that? I feel for the little dog at the end as you can hear the whimper. Maybe get yourself a Bullmastiff, that moves up silently and then !! Surprise!

We have hand prints on our kitchen ceiling beam that no matter how many times we clean it off, it keeps coming back :eek: so nothing surprises me anymore :laugh:

Whenever you write about what happens in your house, it freaks me out. I don't know how you stay there. I'd be gone in a flash.

Sounds like an idiot. (And that's me being polite.)

If someone did put their head through the doggy door, how did they get access to the yard? And why would you do that? I feel for the little dog at the end as you can hear the whimper. Maybe get yourself a Bullmastiff, that moves up silently and then !! Surprise!

we have gotten used to the stuff around here, it does seem to have quieten down of late, even Joey isn't yapping at the thin air and wagging his tail at it, as much as he used too :laugh:

ps I meant to quote your other comment, not this one :o

Edited by Jules♥Cavs

We have hand prints on our kitchen ceiling beam that no matter how many times we clean it off, it keeps coming back :eek: so nothing surprises me anymore :laugh:

Whenever you write about what happens in your house, it freaks me out. I don't know how you stay there. I'd be gone in a flash.

The simple explanation for that one is that water-based paint does a terrible job of holding back oils. So a greasy (or sooty) hand-print will keep showing through layers of water based paint. Layer upon layer upon layer in my personal experience. A spirit-based primer (no joke!) will seal it in and water-based paint sticks to that.

ETA: cool story (although it cost me a fortune). I supplied a material to protect signage outdoors at Uluru. A year or so later the film started to fail so I asked them to send one back to me. The whole sign was covered with ochre hand prints, but it wasn't superficial. The ochre hand prints were etched deep into the film (this is a film developed by Du Pont to resist very strong chemicals). They looked like aboriginal hand paintings.

We sent a sign off to a lab and the explanation that came back was interesting. We've all heard of acid rain. Well, acid is also present in dew. It's very dilute, but as the sun dries the dew, the acid becomes more and more concentrated. Eventually it etches the film, then ochre from the dust in the atmosphere stains it. The dew tends to settle where the surface tension on the film was lowered by skin oils, hence the hand patterns.

Edited by Aidan2

Sounds like a person to me, I thought it might be a possum but we get heaps of possums and foxes and cats and other critters fighting and carrying on out here and they don't sound like that at all, I'm with poochmad definitely sounds like idiot.

You need a husky, mine loves to lay super still and just watch... lol I used to leave my back door open with just the screen door with the dog door in it shut in summer and I had a blanket set up as a curtain to stop the air con getting out. There was about a 20cm gap under the blanket and I would come home and you'd come up the stairs to look straight into these eyes staring at you:

sonnyn.jpg

You know, I have a portable electric fence unit. Its ancient but it works well still. Maybe you could borrow one of those and connect it to a metal fence/gate when you go out and make sure doggies can't touch that gate/fence. Whoever is entering your yard will probably not come back.

We had people climbing the fence and attempting to ride my horses back when we lived in town. They also fed them all sorts of crap, including maccas bags full of wrappers, tissues, chips etc

The electric fence on the people side of the fence pretty much fixed that. Like.. Over night

The simple explanation for that one is that water-based paint does a terrible job of holding back oils. So a greasy (or sooty) hand-print will keep showing through layers of water based paint. Layer upon layer upon layer in my personal experience. A spirit-based primer (no joke!) will seal it in and water-based paint sticks to that.

ETA: cool story (although it cost me a fortune). I supplied a material to protect signage outdoors at Uluru. A year or so later the film started to fail so I asked them to send one back to me. The whole sign was covered with ochre hand prints, but it wasn't superficial. The ochre hand prints were etched deep into the film (this is a film developed by Du Pont to resist very strong chemicals). They looked like aboriginal hand paintings.

We sent a sign off to a lab and the explanation that came back was interesting. We've all heard of acid rain. Well, acid is also present in dew. It's very dilute, but as the sun dries the dew, the acid becomes more and more concentrated. Eventually it etches the film, then ochre from the dust in the atmosphere stains it. The dew tends to settle where the surface tension on the film was lowered by skin oils, hence the hand patterns.

Oh ok, that might explain that mystery then, but there are many others :laugh:

Oh ok, that might explain that mystery then, but there are many others :laugh:

Just cover them all with spirit-based primer :laugh:

Two tossers who decided to burgle the house. The dogs heard them and began barking. You can tell from the loudest bark that the dog is barking at something scary, not nothing.

Tossers changed their minds because of the dogs barking, but left the dogs with a message through the dog door.

Someone knocked off houses in this street - but not ones where the dogs barked. It is pretty standard for idiots up to no good to leave houses with dogs.

I am putting on my tin foil hat just in case though!!

Can someone please enlighten me - what does the tin foil hat do? Should I be wearing one? :laugh:

A recent Harvard study showed that tinfoil hats amplify radio waves in government controlled frequency bands to the skull. Traditionally they have been worn in a belief that they protect the wearer from mind control - who do you think started that false information campaign though?

Guest Labradork

Can someone please enlighten me - what does the tin foil hat do? Should I be wearing one? :laugh:

A recent Harvard study showed that tinfoil hats amplify radio waves in government controlled frequency bands to the skull. Traditionally they have been worn in a belief that they protect the wearer from mind control - who do you think started that false information campaign though?

:rofl:

That is nuts but very funny.

A Schizophrenic or a long term marijuana user ??