Unusual Names

Whipitgood

Possibly unwise but we let our kids name our pets.

We have a Tintin from the books. Until he movie was released in the last year or so hardly anyone got it.

Our daughter named our new Cocker. He is Hector, also from a book. Appropriately he is named after Happy Hector in the Tilly and friends series.

My fave from this thread has to be Gladys. Gorgeous :D

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have FlashBazil

He was a foster dog, went to Tamworth Airport to pick him not knowing what to call him, there was Basil STreet at the airport so thought that was a good name, but after a few days decided Flash suited him better. My friend, who is not a good speller, started calling him FlashBazil so it stuck - as he did Mr Foster Failure.

then my Latte had puppies and I named them with a tea theme. I named one Tannin then added Bazil to his name because of his uncle FlashBazil. So he became TanninBazil. I kept him and he is most commonly known as TannyBaz :laugh:

Onslow got named after the Keeping UP Appearances character, and i had a Daisy, a little maltese RIP at the time.

Mocha was named Mocha to tie in with Latte.

OK I blame it on tiredness... but if you call him Mister you then have Mister Whippy :laugh: :thumbsup:

Ok, crawling back under my rock now :o

I have a Mr Whippy :) Called him that as a pup, made myself laugh, and it has stuck ever since LOL

I used to know a male GSD called "Sit". It is amazing how many people ask a dog to sit when it is nearby- they don't usually expect to be showered in love and kisses though :laugh: From memory they used "down" as their command for sit :)

Guest Labradork

My Grandparents had a black Labrador called "Nigger" :eek:

It was okay apparently because it was the 50's. Nigger used to walk to the butcher every day and get herself a bone. Then she'd walk to the police station and meet my Grandpa at the end of his shift (he was a sargeant). Then they'd walk to the pier where Nigger would do a running jump into the sea :laugh:

I'm not fond of people names for animals either.

My Dobe is called Acheron (pronounced Ash er on). He is a character in a book, a very dark, dangerous, sexy character! In the book series Acheron has a pet demon called Simi, which is the name we gave our Bulldog :)

I have just purchased a Quarter Horse filly who I really wanted to call Stevie (Nicks) to go with my TB gelding, Axl (Rose) but my husband really doesn't like it so we have decided on Jinx.

For a whippet and a non-human name I would choose something reflecting speed and/or agility - they are common with Saluki names. Things like:

Turbo

Speed

Race

Sprint

Swift

Pronto

Pacer

Rush

Lancer

etc etc

In the Aussie spirit of calling a red-head 'Blue', I have a hankering to call a future greyhound, Turtle. I suspect even Mr'Let'sCallHerSparkles'LC will object to it though.

I like Pagan too.

I quite like Jarrah, but is it common? ...

I like weird names too I've got these on my possible next puppy name list:

Regal,Royal, Chivalry, Verity, Valiant,Civil, Celerity, Polaris, North, Viking, Swift, Nimble, Chimera, Cult, Sabbath, Pagan, Musique, Taika.

At the moment I have a Dante (the most normal name), Alchemy, Beowulf, Daenerys, Ahti and Seti