Mdba Pacers

Steve

I thought this the most appropriate place to share this first.

MDBA Pacers has been operating for about 5 years. During that time we have been able to help thousands of pet owners through their hard times and ensure their animals didn't go without or suffer and were able to stay with their owners. Many have had their animals waiting for them to come home to after accidents, disasters and in some circumstances gaol terms. In some cases we have worked with owners to help them to stop puppy farming or back yard breeding and be a part of the Desexing and re-homing process for their animals.

Many of the things our volunteers have done have not been able to be made public due to the confidential nature of the situations but you all know who you are and how much we appreciate your wonderful caring and dedication to ensuring dogs don't suffer.

In many cases we have been able to help people start their own businesses, gain self esteem and obtain skills and work to be sure they wouldn't get into the same position again and would always have a means to look after themselves and their animals. We have provided counseling services, for grief and sometimes just a good ear for someone to talk to and doggy day care for those who were too frightened to leave their animals at home alone after the bush fires.

We have been able to provide foster care, food, fencing, hampers accommodation vetting and support to those who needed it in every state and wehave been able to help support private rescue in three states by procuring literally truck loads of dog and cat foods and hay for them to use and keep down their costs.

We sent in truck loads of human and animal suppliesthroughout the Victorian Bushfires, Queensland, NSW and Victorian floods.

I would like to now say thank you to everyone who hassupported us and helped us and donated goods and funds etc. I hope you all know how verymuch your input has made a difference to people's lives and it's been mypersonal honour to know you and work with you throughout this journey.

To the people who have worked on the board who have given their time and energy and personal money without ever a complaint and little appreciation shown, no words could ever explain how much you have contributed even though you could not afford it and had to work through your own personal issues – always putting others first. Always free of charge and always with a willing spirit. Lesley Stewart and Jay Walker –awesome!

Sometimes we wanted to help more but funds and resources were limited and we couldn't do what our hearts wanted us to do but these ladies have always been there trying and working away in the background every single day oft heir lives with Christmas and Easter given over without complaint to help someone in trouble. They have had extra dogs in their homes and worked like slaves for no reward and sometimes have even been used and abused for their trouble when people thought they should help more than they could.

To Troy from Dogzonline who supported Pacers throughout its existence from day one with donations and free use of the forum I thank you for the role you played. I will always be grateful for the help you offered and many regular dogz people had the benefit of this as well as the general public.

We are currently wrapping up the cases we are still helping and the legal and auditing issues required to permanently close Pacers down and this has been no easy decision but if all goes as is expected with heavy heart Pacers will close on the 31st of December this year.

The MDBA will take over some of this work via welfare for our members and help out in natural disasters when needed but Pacers will officially close on the 31st December 2012.

Thank you everyone.

Julie Nelson.

CEO

MDBA Pacers.

Edited by Steve

This is terribly sad and I actually feel guilty for not devoting more of my fundraising to Pacers now. I got caught up in supporting the needs of the rescue I began fostering for. There is just always so much need.

Julie this was an amazing service that has changed the futures of many people and their animals. I'm sure there is sadness but I also hope there is pride in the work you and others, including volunteers, donators and frequent fundraisers, have achieved.

I wish you all well in the future too - please know that your efforts were appreciated. :thanks:

Guest Panzer Attack!

Oh NO, how incredibly sad Julie :( I'm so sorry to hear of this.

As you already know, Pacers helped me out when I was hospitalised and in treatment for a few months earlier this year - without your help, I would not have been able to keep my dogs. I appreciate the kind words and donations more than I can ever say, and on behalf of everyone you helped (including myself) - THANK YOU.

xx

Guest RANDCMOORE31

I think it is very sad too - and believe the work done by Pacers was fantastic. I often donated to specific requests for assistance - and am sad that this help is not continuing.

:( you guys have done remarkable work and I have been proud to have supported your work

I wish everyone involved the very best of luck with whatever you choose to do in the future :cheers:

:thanks:

Thanks Holly's Mum - we will still be helping people when we can. We just wont do it as a recognised charity.

Edited by Steve

This is terribly sad and I actually feel guilty for not devoting more of my fundraising to Pacers now. I got caught up in supporting the needs of the rescue I began fostering for. There is just always so much need.

Julie this was an amazing service that has changed the futures of many people and their animals. I'm sure there is sadness but I also hope there is pride in the work you and others, including volunteers, donators and frequent fundraisers, have achieved.

I wish you all well in the future too - please know that your efforts were appreciated. :thanks:

Very true we are extremely proud of what we have done and the amount of people we have been able to help and we will continue to do so when ever we can - just not under the same structure.

Oh NO, how incredibly sad Julie :( I'm so sorry to hear of this.

As you already know, Pacers helped me out when I was hospitalised and in treatment for a few months earlier this year - without your help, I would not have been able to keep my dogs. I appreciate the kind words and donations more than I can ever say, and on behalf of everyone you helped (including myself) - THANK YOU.

xx

We are still here and Im very happy that your life was made a little easier by our efforts but you shouldn't feel we wont still come in with a safety net if you need us.

I think it is very sad too - and believe the work done by Pacers was fantastic. I often donated to specific requests for assistance - and am sad that this help is not continuing.

I hope you and everyone else who made a donation know how much this helped those who needed it . When you are down and in desperate need even $1 makes a difference and a helping hand changes your feelings of being alone - helps you to get up again.

Julie, Leslie and Jay,

I would just like to say thank you to you all for your vision and dedication of large portions of your lives to PACERS. The running around delivering food in times of disaster, organising others to assist where you were physically unable and for making a huge difference to the lives of those you assisted.

I am sad PACERS had to close as you have all worked extremely hard and definitely made a massive contribution to the lives of those you helped (both skin and furry).

It was an honour to help in my very small way by donating and buying. Thank you for the amazing help you gave to those in need. As we can see by the replies already, many felt the same way.

I hope a small rest is coming your way, Julie - you have done great things.