What Wierd Stuff Does Your Dog Do With You?

Little Gifts

I was thinking after DD's thread about dogs who have to come to the toilet with us about the strange post human shower habits my heart dog and now my foster dog have.

I go in for my shower and they wait outside the door. If I'm home alone with the door open they are sitting on the bath mat shaking any stray water off their heads and faces.

So then we go to the bedroom and while I dry my upper body they each take a lower leg and lick it dry. After they have completed that important task they go and lie on my clothes, usually getting tangled in a bra or pair of undies. I have a large couch at the end of my bed so even if I am only going to put on jeans I wore yesterday they seem to now which clothes to lie on. How? And whilst the foster girl does like to run off with random items of clothing she never ever does it with things I am planning to wear. Again, how does she know what item from the clean washing pile on the chair I might have decided to wear?

If I'm getting very dressed up then I usually sit on the bed with a mirror and my make up bag and they help me forage through my selections, watching me intently while I'm putting it all on. They never nick or try and eat anything even though they would eat a lipstick or a lip gloss, hair tie or comb/brush if they found it lying around anywhere else in the house. Same with shoes.

Lastly after I moisturise my hands they like to give them a bit of taste lick and then we're done.

I think the part of our routine that always makes me laugh the most is the lower leg licking. It's like they think it is their job and wait patiently until I am standing in the correct position for the licking to commence. And they never go higher than the knee and never go onto my feet.

Anyone else's dog have wierd habits like this???

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: :laugh: I was :laugh: throughout that whole post. Ahhh where do I start...

Mine also lick the bottom of my legs clean and Lili licks my Husbands head (he shaves his head) clean and dry too.

Then she moves onto the feet. She has a fetish, seriously. If I let her lick my feet she gets excited and starts nibbling and it hurts! She would lick feet for hours if she could. Hours.

She also follows me to the bathroom and sits on the other side of the door............waiting. O-O

Edited by Aussie3

Zig has to hold my sock while I am putting my shoes and socks on.. When I unfold the pair and sit one beside me, he picks it up until I need it then gives it to me...

He does the bathroom stuff but will get into the shower if given half a chance.. He doesn't lick but sits and watches if you let him in there. Otherwise he sits at the door until I come out..

When ever he wants something he comes in and puts his right front paw on my hand or leg (depending on how I am sitting).

Our morning ritual is him following me around and woo wooing at me while I get ready to take him for a walk..

Edited to fix a bit.

Edited by Staffyluv

Lol...I have a post shower leg licker too... I don't like it and shoo him away and dry my own leg thanks very much. he's also a wait outside the door if I'm in another room with the door closed. pretty usual things I think but the thing that does make me laugh is the way Star will put any toy or interesting thing he wants to chew on the instep of my foot and chew away happily...not my foot but the thing he's gnawin on...quite weird and no other dog I've ever had does anything like that...lol

If I'm training my boy and he doesn't understand something more than once, he goes into the good boy pose which looks a little like this

8210991692_28e5ed7c8a.jpg

He's quite hard to rouse once in the good boy pose. He stays still for about 30 seconds and then starts responding again, suddenly and enthusiastically.

If you're getting ready to do something he really wants to do, like go out for a walk or get his dinner ready, he will get excited for a few seconds, and then he goes into the good boy pose.

Guest Labradork

I've thought of something!

When I'm on my hands and knees, putting in or taking out a DVD, Frankenpuggie runs over and shoves his head against my bum, headbutting me while snorting loudly and taking deep sniffs. He does this every time! I don't mind - it cracks me up.

Edited by Labradork

We too, have after-shower leg-lickers. I hate it, feels icky.

When I was a young girl our dog used to love licking feet and toes, I thought it was gross but Mum loved it - I used to tell the dog to stop it as she just didn't know where those feet had been.

Our GSD has to help you put your shoes and socks on. He doesn't worry about thongs or sandals, but has to help with the shoes and socks - this consists of him putting his head under yours (so you can't see what you're doing) and trying to climb onto your lap.

The GSD also has "swapsies" figured out. Ocassionally my husband and I will have an icecream after dinner. Tango will race out to grab one of his toys, then brings it back and drops it into my lap. This is "you have my toy, I have your icecream". The truly funny thing is that, once he's finished the rest of your icecream, he wants his toy back! :laugh: