Do You Let Your Dogs Lick Your Face?

Guest Maeby Fünke

194 members have voted

1. 1. Do you let your dogs lick your face?

• Always
    • Never
    • Sometimes

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another question, how many people let their dogs clean their plates after they have finished eating? I do it all the time, though I never tell my visitors, because they might be grossed out. :laugh:

My kids know about it, but they have grown up with it & now my daughter does the same with her dogs.

Yep, this is something I do, I even let sh!t lips Tag lick them. It's called the lick cycle here and it makes washing dishes easier because all the solids are already removed. :laugh: I think I wash them thoroughly enough to get rid of the potential worm eggs, germs etc. Sometimes I joke and tell them they've done such a good job I can put the dishes straight back in the cupboard. Sometimes I wonder if I might have actually done that on occasion by mistake :laugh:

Pots and pans get licked out too, Puck cannot relax if he knows there's a pot or pan on the stove that hasn't been licked. He's constantly on edge and as soon as I stand up he runs to the kitchen and points at the stove with his nose, as if to say dont forget that frypan still has to be licked.

Edited by Kirislin

We have the official 'dog rinse cycle'. It's the only housework the boys actually do, so we reckon they have to contribute in some way.

The other night I had a roasting pan that was quite baked hard and they both worked on it, licking madly madly for about 30 mins. Their poor tongues must have been quite sore by the end!

I ticked sometimes. Bosco is not a big licker, but I have taught him to 'kiss', so if I ask for a kiss, he will give me one. I don't rush to wash my face afterwards.

I don't see it as a big deal, but that's just me.

Oh, and Bozzy is the official plate cleaner too. One day my mum was over, and I gave him a plate to lick clean, then made a joke that the washing had been done, and went to put it back in the cupboard. I was quite surprised that she believed me :laugh: Of course I wash them properly before putting them away lol

Edited by lokelani