Do You Let Your Dogs Lick Your Face?

Guest Maeby Fünke

194 members have voted

1. 1. Do you let your dogs lick your face?

• Always
    • Never
    • Sometimes

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is our last goodbye...

Sarah Stafford was also allowed to do as Sarah pleased

Oh, my heart just skipped a beat.. She was such an awesome save..

Ollie was allowed to do as he pleased here.. We had kisses all round..

Ziggy is not really a kissy dog. He will give a lick occasionally but he is more inclined to snuggle his head under your armpit or put his head on your lap and want your arm around him than to kiss you..

I miss Ollie dog kisses..

I even encourage strange dogs to give me a kiss... I really don't mind it at all...

Good thing too, because Katdogs' Stevie is forever giving me kisses when I visit there - and she can do one whole side of your face with one slurp!

T.

Me too :o When I worked at the shelter if a puppy came in everyone knew to bring it to me first for "kisses". I actually think I became addicted to puppy breath...and probably contracted worms....but it was worth it :D

I'm with Pav Lova, we are sharers in this house! Dogs are allowed to lick us if we allow it but they stop when told to.

Bulldog kisses are the best! Simi is a snuffler more than a licker. She snuffles all over your face, in particular ears and nose and has been known to nibble on the odd occasion :)

Nope.

I'm not planning on vomiting up any food for them so I don't really see the point.

Gawd that's a bit much isn't it?? I don't think anyone on here is regurgitating food for their dogs :shrug:

*sigh*

Twas a joke. Its why pups lick adult dog's mouths - to stimulate them to vomit food for them.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Yes, mine are allowed if I say kisses and point to my cheek. Or if they have accidentally nipped me during a game of bitey face they give me a lick on the hand to say sorry.

I don't like licky dogs though, mine are ok as they only lick when I ask them to.

If I get licked on the mouth or it is slobbery then I will wash it straight away but if I just get cheek kisses I don't bother.

My last Lab pup on the other hand had an obsession with licking the back of my knees which was very not appreciated. Only me and only the back of me knees...all the time.

Nope.

I'm not planning on vomiting up any food for them so I don't really see the point.

Gawd that's a bit much isn't it?? I don't think anyone on here is regurgitating food for their dogs :shrug:

*sigh*

Twas a joke. Its why pups lick adult dog's mouths - to stimulate them to vomit food for them.

*sigh* twas a joke between you and Pavlova...don't treat people like fools.

Nope.

*sigh*

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion

Nope.

*sigh*

:dropjaw:

Seriously, WTF??????? :confused:

Nope.

*sigh*

What are you shocked that people feel intimidated by you both???

I'm AM shocked that my light hearted post made without any consultation with anyone including Pav Lova was taken seriously by you and has since has been construed by you as "making people look like fools".

And yes, I am a little shocked that you, a person with whom to the best of my recollection I've never actually engaged with here before is "so intimidated by me". Clearly I've missed something.

Colour me more than a little stunned at your reaction actually. :( My bad for forgetting to add a smiley emoticon to my first post. :o

But well done, you've certainly intimidated me clean out of this thread.

Nope.

*sigh*

Agree Stan's Mum. I feel intimidated. One word wrong and you can get torn to shreds

Nope.

*sigh*

Agree Stan's Mum. I feel intimidated. One word wrong and you can get torn to shreds

Well enjoy the effect you've just had on me then. Anyone else fancy putting the boot in?

Time for a self imposed DOLiday it seems.