What Type Of Water Bowl In The Whelping Box

dogmate

Today we have settled our girl nicely into the whelping box we have a bowl of water in with her but we are concerned about leaving it there when the pups arrive in case one managed to get in it so what type of bowl do people use inside the whellping box or do you not have any in there. At the moment we have the door on so she cant get out without us opening it. Which i think we will do while the bubbas are little.

Perfect drr to me i have the little bucket ones for the show trolley i have now put that in for her as the sifdes are high i just have to make sure its pretty full most of the time. She will be coming with me to work all this week with 9 days to go i wont leave her home alone but also dont want to start leave till the bubbas arrive. Luckily its end of year and my boss is nice better buy him a few coffees this week.

I don't put water in the whelping box.

I have it a few meters away.

This encourages the bitch to get up and walk around too. It also means she isn't dribbling on them and making them wet.

Thats just me though

Another one with no bowl in the box. In the first day or so it's close enough that she doesn't actually have to step out of the box if she doesn't want to, but after that it's a couple of meters away.

Even those hook-on ones can be spilled, why make even more work for yourself :)

Another one with no bowl in the box. In the first day or so it's close enough that she doesn't actually have to step out of the box if she doesn't want to, but after that it's a couple of meters away.

Even those hook-on ones can be spilled, why make even more work for yourself :)

Ditto.

Yep, same here, no food or water in the actual box. Mum needs to get up to go to the toilet anyway so she can also drink and eat outside of the whelping box. I found Penny only stayed with the pups for about 3 days anyway, from then on she'd frequently leave them, even to come and sleep in my bed. I let her because the box was warm so they weren't in any danger of chilling. When she felt full she'd go and let them feed. They all grew up fine.

No water in the box here but close enough should she want it, I do thou offer it many times throughout the day if she does not want to go to it.

As for food in the box, well...

Special Needs Uterus - $7,000+

Romantic Night On The Town - $1,500

Travel & Phone - $500

Panadol & Tissues $100+

Eating a chicken carcass on your pillow whilst feeding puppies - PRICELESS !!

311898_2412495348587_1314924464_n.jpg

I don't put water in the whelping box.

I have it a few meters away.

This encourages the bitch to get up and walk around too. It also means she isn't dribbling on them and making them wet.

Thats just me though

I do the same.

Also, I know a bitch that dropped a pup into her water dish. I have never placed water in the whelping box since.

Thats exactly why i was worried this is my first litter but we had a chicken down in a small bowl of water once so was a bit concerned. We are still waiting for bubbas not due until monday but the waiting is soooo long