Endurance Test 2013

Pretty sure I should now be joining this thread! I'm going to give it a shot with Rusty...very nervous though, as I've never done it before and have no idea what to expect so any tips for training are greatly appreciated! So far we have been running 9km and he copes well with that, but want to build him up slowly.

Glad it's in the Tablelands this year, it's quite often in Townsville instead which to me, is a long drive :laugh:

And if all goes well, I might even try little Biscuit next year, as his sires dam (I think that's correct) has her ET, and murve has me inspired, proving that small dogs can do it too! :thumbsup:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure I should now be joining this thread! I'm going to give it a shot with Rusty...very nervous though, as I've never done it before and have no idea what to expect so any tips for training are greatly appreciated! So far we have been running 9km and he copes well with that, but want to build him up slowly.

Glad it's in the Tablelands this year, it's quite often in Townsville instead which to me, is a long drive :laugh:

And if all goes well, I might even try little Biscuit next year, as his sires dam (I think that's correct) has her ET, and murve has me inspired, proving that small dogs can do it too! :thumbsup:

if you go to the Endurance Test 2012 thread, there is a lot of training tips there also have you downloaded the rules/reg from the ANKC site :D

Thank you R&B for the complement :D, we will be putting our Sarge (Pappy) through this year, then we will have mother & son titled in ET,

when we put our Mailka through we ran with a Schippy & a Mn Pin with the larger breeds

Edited by murve

Great to hear you have the ET bug! Feel free to ask any and all questions. Between all the regulars here, there are many brains to pick from all aspects of the ET - competing, training, club admin and judging.

We will all help get you ready.

M

I wish we had ETs in New Zealand! Sounds like so much fun!

They ARE fun! Talk to someone in the NZKC. Give them my details (I am an ET Judge) if they want or need to talk to anyone about what is involved.

M

I would love to get something like that off the ground, will send you a PM to talk ;)

Thanks murve :D Will definately pop into the 2012 thread to have a read! :thumbsup: Read through the ANKC rules, I for some reason thought it was one 20km stint, but that's great it's just 8, 6, 6, I think Rusty and I would almost be set :thumbsup: That's great what you're doing with your paps! I am a bit nervous to begin training with Biscuit next year, I just can't fathom how such little legs can go so far at such a pace :eek::o

Wow this thread is off and racing already. We missed the ACT ET last year with our girl coming into season 2 days before and turning 8 just 3 weeks later. :(

This year we will do Altona again and not sure which the other will be, l've always done 2 ET's each year with atleast 2 months apart but looking at the dates l don't think it will be possible this year.

Thanks murve :D Will definately pop into the 2012 thread to have a read! :thumbsup: Read through the ANKC rules, I for some reason thought it was one 20km stint, but that's great it's just 8, 6, 6, I think Rusty and I would almost be set :thumbsup: That's great what you're doing with your paps! I am a bit nervous to begin training with Biscuit next year, I just can't fathom how such little legs can go so far at such a pace :eek::o

R & B I gather Biscuit is a Schippy?? well they are very fit little dogs, I know a few Schippy's down here that have done it & romped it in, just start him off with doing a couple of km's for the 1st couple of weeks then build it up, that also goes for your speed as well start at about 7kmph as you build the distance build you speed.

well you know the saying "Anything you can do, I can do better" :laugh:

hell no!!!! it is broken up just like they do for horse Endurance rides.

R & B I gather Biscuit is a Schippy?? well they are very fit little dogs, I know a few Schippy's down here that have done it & romped it in, just start him off with doing a couple of km's for the 1st couple of weeks then build it up, that also goes for your speed as well start at about 7kmph as you build the distance build you speed.

Yes he is! Oh excellent, that's good to know! :D Thanks for the tip, will do!I'm so excited to do it with Rusty in July :D But my only concern is, which I only just thought of today whilst on my run, I am going to be overseas for a month starting March, is it possible Rusty will lose majority of the fitness we've built up to? :( Because obviously he won't be getting runs, just strolls from the housesitter

Yes he is! Oh excellent, that's good to know! :D Thanks for the tip, will do!I'm so excited to do it with Rusty in July :D But my only concern is, which I only just thought of today whilst on my run, I am going to be overseas for a month starting March, is it possible Rusty will lose majority of the fitness we've built up to? :( Because obviously he won't be getting runs, just strolls from the housesitter

Rusty & Biscuit wont loose much condition while you are away as long as your housesitter does regular walks with them :D

I would love to do it, but it will probably clash with my girls litter :(

when is your girls litter due??

She's due in season around May... She will be bred when next in...

ok so if she is mated in May she will then be due in July, but if you are training her beforehand you could then throw her season off wack, that is what happend when we trained our Pappy bitch last year, she was due inseason in July, did her ET a couple of days before she was due. She ended up coming into season in Sept

Was she a consistent cycler before that Murve?

I don't want to throw Jovi's out of whack as I also am planning on breeding her this year, her seasons have been 6 months on the dot and I don't want to screw that up as it's easy planning when you know she will be in :D

Was she a consistent cycler before that Murve?

I don't want to throw Jovi's out of whack as I also am planning on breeding her this year, her seasons have been 6 months on the dot and I don't want to screw that up as it's easy planning when you know she will be in :D

yep you could set your watch by her, dam near to the minute :D , Malika was every 4 months to the day

Hi All,

ET Dates that I know of:

Victoria:

HVCV May 25

Murray Valley 2 June

Dalmation Club ET 8 June

GSDCV 22 June

Westernport 29 June

Gippsland 6 July

QLD

Mackay 23 June

Tableland 7 July

Nanango/Ipswich 4 August

Nanango 25 August

WA

GSDA 22 June

GSDA 7 September

GSDA 8 September

ACT

ACTCA 7 July

NSW

Grafton 14 July

DogsNSW 11 August

SA

GSDCA 22 June

Lets all do our best to promote these events and ensure they are well supported.

M