Endurance Test 2013

Hi M

explained in the Pm I sent you :cry:

we will have one of our kids in for the HVCV , not sure which one of other 2, :) whippy bitch or the son of our Pappy bitch that got her ET last year :D

it's a pitty I cant run both, we will see who is the fittest the quickest :laugh:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received a ph call from the President earlier informing me that the ET trial will NOT go ahead :cry:

:( oh well no ET for us this year then, doubt I can get to Gippsland

What makes you say you doubt about getting to Gippsland ??

I received a ph call from the President earlier informing me that the ET trial will NOT go ahead :cry:

:( oh well no ET for us this year then, doubt I can get to Gippsland

What makes you say you doubt about getting to Gippsland ??

too far, not to worry there is always next year

Just putting some feelers out, l am after someone to bike my dog at the GSDCV ET, l've done this ET the last two years and love the course, l have a seven year old l am egar to put thru but will be 7 months pregnant when the ET is on. Doing an earlier ET is out of the question as she is about her have her pups and l'll need time to prep her. She is a super athletic little dog and l have no doubt she will be fit enough and she always gives 110% l started training her last year and she goes out weekly with the bike works fantasic next to it, no pulling or lagging. She is a min pin but l hope that puts no one off as she is a super little thing. Spread the word l'm desperate with it being her last year to do it.

I bought a bike!! Now to teach Hudson to run alongside without killing us both! Any tips??

Rove_2_Disc_DD.jpg

Nice wheels!

Start Hudson off by walking him whilst wheeling the bike between you and him.

Still demand that he behaves and heels alongside.

Once he has become accustomed to the presence of the bike, then (and only then) start to ride it with him gaiting beside you.

The first ride should be only to the end of your street and back. Just to get him used to it.

Build on this as his confidence grows and then you can introduce longer distances.

If you can, get your bike shop to fit a speedometer. This way you can monitor your speed, which should be a steady 10-11 kph, and keep track of the distance covered.

Slowly build him up to greater distances leading up to 8 k's.

Make sure you have good helmet, and gloves, and padded cycling shorts or knicks, and/or a gel seat cover.

Good luck.

M

Hi all,

I'm still living in Europe, but coming over to live and work in Perth beginning/middle of April. :) My 2 dogs will (hopefully) be in Eastern Creek Quarantine Station (Sydney) till end of May, then I have to pick them up or have them transported to Perth....My sleep will be better once all this moving stuff is finalized :(

Your ET sounds very interesting and would be perfect for me as I could combine my sport with doing something with and for the dogs.

So I'm fairly fit (for my age) and can do a 5km run in about 30 mins, though not 10k in 60min, so still a bit of work to do.... My Aussie-girl is certainly in a better condition than I am, so I hope to have us participate in the ET in WA in September.

Though being able to communicate in English I have problems understanding all your abbreviations....What does GSDA mean? This was linked to the ET in WA. (at least some abbreviations ARE clear!)

I think I will be able to get us physically trained, but what are the burocratical steps to follow once arrived in Perth. Do I need to be member of a club? Maybe someone can help me or inform sites to check.

Thanks a lot in advance

Greetings from Belgium

Birgit

Hi Birgit.

Thank you for joining in on the ET thread from Belgium.

You will need to join DogsWA when you arrive and register your dogs here. Check with the kennel association in Belgium about your dogs pedigrees and what registrations you will need to be able to register them here.

The GSDA is the German Shepherd Dog Association. They are hosting the ET. All breeds are able to compete.

Good luck and more good luck for when you compete in the test. M

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Birgit.

Thank you for joining in on the ET thread from Belgium.

You will need to join DogsWA when you arrive and register your dogs here. Check with the kennel association in Belgium about your dogs pedigrees and what registrations you will need to be able to register them here.

The GSDA is the German Shepherd Dog Association. They are hosting the ET. All breeds are able to compete.

Good luck and more good luck for when you compete in the test. M

Hi Michael,

thanks for the info. I contacted Dogs WA and learnt that I either need pedigree for them or need to have them sterilized. :confused: For one of my dogs I have the pedigree, but for the 2nd one I never received it, as it was never relevant for me here in Belgium.

Still have 6 weeks to work on this before I fly out to Perth.

Greetings from a -4 °C cold Belgium

Birgit

Hi,

I'm thinking of setting completing an endurance test as a fitness goal for myself, with a title for Tarja as a little bonus. I have considerably less doubts about Tarja's fitness and ability than my own! What do you think is the likelihood of starting from a fitness level of zero and having not ridden regularly for several years to biking an endurance test in Vic in mid-June? I can't do the July test as our specialty is on that day.

Hi,

I'm thinking of setting completing an endurance test as a fitness goal for myself, with a title for Tarja as a little bonus. I have considerably less doubts about Tarja's fitness and ability than my own! What do you think is the likelihood of starting from a fitness level of zero and having not ridden regularly for several years to biking an endurance test in Vic in mid-June? I can't do the July test as our specialty is on that day.

easy peasy :laugh: no really I did my first from the same point. It was a bit tough but not too bad.

Hi Lappie Happie

Glad to hear you will attempt an ET this June.

Start riding small distances and build up over a few weeks. Do this at first without the dog. Get a reasonable bike, a gel seat cover and some padded cycling Knicks (shorts) and you will be fine.

Please read through some of the earlier conversations on this ET thread. There is lots of useful advice and tips covered.

If unsure on anything just ask!

Good luck

M