3r Animal Rescue - Qld

LDH that was all I was told - stay clear. I have no other details than that and even if I get more information on the weekend I would only be sharing it privately with anyone likely to deal with the group. I would trust those people to make their own judgement if they deal with the group as I don't rescue myself, I just like to be informed in case anyone wanting a dog or needing to surrender a dog asks me about groups in their local area.

If you know some useful info about the group why don't you post it? I think it is good to hear from all sides. They are a new group and they may have a different philosophy or approach and they may have teething problems and could learn from networking with others.

Sorry PS, I was not at all intending to erode the value of what you were saying. My frustration was more guessing the source of where you would have obtained your information, and knowing you would not have been given a fair, objective assessment from that source. Rescue in Queensland has expanded considerably in the last few years I guess, and consequently individuals involved become familiar with eachother over time, and clashes are inevitable. I would hope that 3R might be judged on how they operate from here. They are new, with people relatively new to rescue, but I am assuming they are well-intentioned. If they don’t operate properly or ethically – then they should be judged appropriately.

On the converse PS, I suspect had you asked a number of other individuals involved in rescue in Qld their view on your source, the reply would perhaps have been equally scathing.

Facebook allows any moron to communicate easily and look like a real organisation. And to start asking for donations. I wouldn't trust any group or person based on their facebook presence. I need to know real identities and proper contact details to consider a group real. Otherwise it's just more facebook bullshit. You couldn't take it seriously.

Hi All,

Sorry this has taken so long I have been waiting for my forum account to be approved. I am new to this forum so please bear with me as I learn how to use it.

My name is Rebecca and I with another lady (Peta) run the newly established 3R Animal Rescue.

A little bit about me...

I live on Brisbane Southside and have been in the field of animal care for 7years. I have volunteered with both RSPCA QLD and AWL.

In order I have studied:

Cert II in Rural Operations

Cert III in Companion Animal Studies

Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing

and most recently completed

Cert III in Dog Behaviour and Training through the NDTF.

I have worked in vet clinics both during my training in nursing and since being qualified, but felt I was more drawn to dog behaviour and training so I choose to leave the Veterinary field.

I am currently working as an instructor at a dog training school and of course trying to get 3R off the ground.

I met Peta through NDTF and as we both shared a passion for rescue and I knew I always wanted to start a rescue we decided to try and start one together. So 3R was born...

We have 5 dogs all together, One Neo Mastiff, One St Bernard, One Lab x, One Chihuahua and a Cattle x.

These dogs have been with us since we began at the end of August 2012. I have just recently started an account on Pet Rescue and we are in the works of a Website. We recieved our certificate of incorporation in the mail the other day which we are very excited about and all remaining paperwork is still on its way.

We are still very new and hope to have everything sorted very soon. We are going to do our best to get around to alot of the different rescues to introduce ourselves. Please if you have questions don't be afraid to ask.

Bec :)

Your responses so far, that I've seen, have been great. Very rare these days to find a group that will answer everything as best they can, especially when barrages of questions can seem so hostile (though, they rarely ever are). :thumbsup:

Thank you Bec.. Always best to get info straight from the horses mouth..

May I suggest that you team up with another reputable rescue in your area.. They may be able to help you with PR and general rescue details..

Please also keep in mind that many here on these pages have been where u are now and will help share the burden if we can..

Good luck in your venture and we hope to see lots of positive rehomes.. :D

Thank-you! I will certainly keep that in mind.. Slowly I am starting to meet people from other rescues and we hope to build strong relationships with all of them. In turn if any of you want to get in touch for whatever reason, please don't be afraid to do so! :)