Pooing / How Many Times A Day Is Normal?

BT-Argo

Can I ask on average how many times a day should a dog be doing a poo?

Mine is fed black hawk holistic food and he looks healthy and maintains his weight. His poos are nicely solid however he seems to poo 5+ times a day? is this normal? I am concerned it might be his food?

My two BC's are fed Black Hawk & poo, on average, only twice a day & nice & firm & small. What else is your dog being fed including what treats ?? Any table scraps, vegetables or dried liver treats??

Sheena... I was feeding him black hawk only and he was going 4+ times. Now on occasions we give him a Roo stick as a treat in the morning or today we gave him a pork bone as a treat. His main meal is black hawk only.

We normally feed him once a day, however we did try twice a day for a few weeks but now back to once a day.

Its not an issue as such more a concern if the food is the issue or not.

I m about to buy a 20kg bag and considering a possible change as opposed to replenishing the same product

Guest donatella

Since I started feeding raw my 2 year old girl goes once a day routinely in the early hours of the morning and my puppy goes twice a day, once in the morning and once at night.

I had a problem with pooping lots as well when I had mine on dry food, I think its all the fillers in dry.

5 times does seem rather excessive. On certain foods, including BH, Eukanuba and Advance, Rusty was pooing 3-4 times a day and became quite underwieght, and I was feeding him 2-3 cups. Since changing him to Holistic Select Anchovy he is only going 1-2 times, and only on 1 and a half cups a day and is in excellent condition. However my other 2 do just great on Eukanuba, they poo 1-2 times a day, and perfect weight. I noticed Biscuit dropped weight and pooed more on BH. But as others have pointed out, each dog is different and it is just about finding a food that works for the individual dog :)

My two BC's are fed Black Hawk & poo, on average, only twice a day & nice & firm & small. What else is your dog being fed including what treats ?? Any table scraps, vegetables or dried liver treats??

I'm sorry but I read this as your BCs are fed BH & poo :laugh:

Anyway, aren't your dogs on half-raw half-BH?

Edited by minyvlz

Guest donatella

My puppy has taken it upon herself to incorporate poo as a regular part of her diet :rofl:

Only her own though, she's not that grotty.

Snowy is on half raw half kibbles and he was pooing about 4 times a day when he was few months old. Perhaps the raw diet with the vege mush has too much fiber hence the many times.

I cut down on the vege a little bit and he does it twice and sometimes 3 times. He is now a year old.

I think it very much depending on their own intestines.. laugh.giflaugh.gif

My puppy has taken it upon herself to incorporate poo as a regular part of her diet :rofl:

Only her own though, she's not that grotty.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I know of many dogs who feast on roo, duck and cat poo... :o

ETA: OP, my dogs are on prey model raw. One goes once a day, the other twice a day. Very tiny firm poops.

Edited by minyvlz