Ilka From West Wyalong: An Update.

People were interested in updates on this sad girl from West Wyalong. She turned up in the pound with her puppies, but the pound was broken into and her puppies stolen. Ilka came to us, and once she's a good condition for desexing has a home waiting for her.

This is her pound shot.

post-1835-0-39565100-1358653516_thumb.jpg

This is Ilka a couple of days after she came to us.

post-1835-0-19741500-1358653713_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aphra

What a difference already. :thumbsup:

I remember seeing her on the WW thread and reading/posting about her pups being stolen. :(

She looks so much happier and looks heaps better condition wise.

And how wonderful she has a home lined up already, I am so happy for her. :)

She has her whole future to look forward to now, thanks to you guys. :thanks:

She looks awesome Aphra! So happy, and she's filled out so well!

We can only hope that her pups prove too soft for hunting, and end up somewhere happier, or even back at the pound. It's such a worry that they were all females though. :( Hate to think of them as breeding machines like their mum was.

• 2 weeks later...

post-1835-0-43004700-1359430751_thumb.jpg

And again. She's put on heaps of weight but doesn't have much muscle tone. When I took her out for a run in a big field she was like Scooby Do, legs going everywhere. I don't think she'd had much opportunity to run free in the past.

Edited by Aphra

Ilka 2 weeks on. She's being desexed on Friday and when she's recovered from her surgery is going home.

post-1835-0-03099000-1359430161_thumb.jpg

I hope you let her new homers know that she has a fan club that has to be kept fed - LOL.

Totally :offtopic: but the stone at her feet - are they pavers or the remains of a pathway? I'm looking for pavers and like the look of whatever it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Ilka's new family collected her on Saturday. They were all ready, had even booked a session with Underdog training for that afternoon so they could make a start on her settling and training. :-) Their teenage daughter had bought a clicker so that she and Ilka could learn together.

Ilka loves her new people, they emailed me to say she follow them around and doesn't like to let them out of her sight. She slept happily in her new crate the first night (crate training fosters is such a useful thing to do!) and is loving having her very own people.

Ilka will be their first dog and they were super-excited at taking her home. Although she's a big dog (quite a bit bigger, ahem, since she arrived with us), she's a mellow, kind dog and a good choice for first timers I think.

This is Ilka on Saturday after three weeks with us. All her old coat fell out and her new coat is steel grey and really shiny.

post-1835-0-71694400-1360555856_thumb.jpg