Eagle Kibble- Good Or Bad?

Hey guys !

First time post so be good to me :)

Picking up our first puppy a Staffordshire Bull Terrior at 8 weeks old in 2 weeks time.

I have been looking for a dry food ideal for growth both muscle and bone, etc.

I'm planning on buying eagle brand puppy dry food and using can advance puppy food. Any suggestions on better dry food or any knowledge about eagles as a dry food would be great.

Thanks Everyone

Sorry yes I mean eagle pack brand.

So dry food is a great primary source in diet because a lot of people I know feed both dry and canned so I thought I'd ask .

I'd go a decent dry and raw meaty bones. Way better for a growing pup and way better for your wallet. Way better when you do poo patrol in the back yard too.

Most folk I know feed canned occasionally, if at all.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

What does the breeder feed??

Diet changes need to be done gradually .

I have used it for a growth issue & whilst it solved the issue found it awful on the coat & runny stools .

Its like all food your dog has the final say as to what it does well on & your breeder if a good one will supply a diet chart & give diet advice regarding your breed .

We use can for young babies venturing to foods but our guys are small but not as a main diet .

I have used eagle pack in the past but found it hard to get on occasion which was a pain. I swapped to Nutro which is Australian made, it was god too but eventually settled on Black Hawk. There is lot of debate about dry foods, you can only go by trial and error, try your pup on it and see how he goes.

I agree with HDW I have never fed anything out of a can. Raw meaty bones chicken wings, carcasses, necks etc are best.

Be guided by your breeder, what is puppy being fed before he comes home to you, if you are changing it do it slowly, big changes for a new pup leaving his fur family and going to live with new owners.

Oh and welcome to DOL.

Thanks guys for the help,

Diet for him ATM is raw beef mince mixed with pedigree puppy can food and milk in morning (almost 6 weeks of age) and dry food on side to graze on.

Raw meat without bone is unbalanced - too much phosphorus and not enough calcium. You are better off feeding meat ON the bone.

Great food for a growing puppy. I am feeding this to my 12 week old pup. His diet is 80% Eagle pack & I add some pet chicken mice to this for 1 meal a day & the other meal I add sadines & he loves it. I also give hime half a chicken frame each day & he loves it. All of this has been advised by me breeder & he is growing well.

If you want to grow an SBT pup steadily and with maximum muscle, I use Royal Canin Adult medium, together with raw foods such as chicken necks, wings, lamb flaps, rabbot, turkey. Whatever you choose, make sure it's raw meat on consumable bone and stay away from the large hard bones.

As for the canned food, there's no need for it with an SBT pup,by eight weeks they are powering through chicken wings and the like. You may as well give them something to chew and do when you feed them.

What does the breeder feed??

Diet changes need to be done gradually .

I have used it for a growth issue & whilst it solved the issue found it awful on the coat & runny stools .

Its like all food your dog has the final say as to what it does well on & your breeder if a good one will supply a diet chart & give diet advice regarding your breed .

We use can for young babies venturing to foods but our guys are small but not as a main diet .

I used to feed Eagle Pack but found the same thing with the runny stools, so we changed to a raw diet.

I think raw and any good dry are fine, I wouldn't feed canned, it's mostly water.

Any pics? :)