Aggressive Dog

M United

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking along the lines of a gradual desensitisation to the object of the dog's aggression - just having a skateboard sitting there doing nothing and letting the dog get used to it on his own terms.

T.

Might not be fear or anxiety though, could be prey drive and looking at the breed mix that is probably likely.

I'm thinking along the lines of a gradual desensitisation to the object of the dog's aggression - just having a skateboard sitting there doing nothing and letting the dog get used to it on his own terms.

T.

Might not be fear or anxiety though, could be prey drive and looking at the breed mix that is probably likely.

The owner has told me his dog is anxious (anxiety) ever since it was attacked at 1 year old.

He has 3 dogs all up (small 6 months and 3 months old). There never in his backyard, in his house or on walks. He walks them 5-6 hours a day.

Also just another note this dog before its attack use to hang out at glebe park (off leash) with the pug club. They use to have bbqs. Use to get on with all dogs. So i don't think its prey drive.

Edited by M United

He has 3 dogs all up (small 6 months and 3 months old). There never in his backyard, in his house or on walks. He walks them 5-6 hours a day.

Also just another note this dog before its attack use to hang out at glebe park (off leash) with the pug club. They use to have bbqs. Use to get on with all dogs. So i don't think its prey drive.

How do you know all this? And what a good job of ruining a dog's joints by walking such young pups for 5 or 6 hours a day.

Either these are your dogs or you are blindly believing everything this "customer" is telling you.

Interesting that you also own a dog who wants to chase skateboarders.

Hah, then chances are I know this person. Scary.

How do you know all this? And what a good job of ruining a dog's joints by walking such young pups for 5 or 6 hours a day.

Either these are your dogs or you are blindly believing everything this "customer" is telling you.

Interesting that you also own a dog who wants to chase skateboarders.

They are not my dogs. There is no conspiracies here. If they where my dogs why on gods given earth would i want to buy an amstaff if i already own 3 dogs? Mind you one of his dogs is an Amstaff.

He tells me this. I really don't see what your trying to get at. In the 5-6 hour walks he stops and chats to shops (like me). lately he has been staying at my shop around 1 hour per day. So walking time i would guess around 2 hours per day maybe a tad more. And he might be lying to me about everything who knows, doesn't really phase me to be honest.

Yes when im walking my dog (jacke russel cross pug) she wants to chase skateboards and bikes. Most dogs that i know do. How is that interesting? I would love to teach her how to stop. Any tips?

Edited by M United