Good Boy Peach!

j

ehavasus.jpghttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2279789/I-chase-I-bite--crime-report-dog--Police-investigate-completing-witness-statement-written-force-dog.html

'I chase him, I bite him'... the crime report written by a DOG: Officer investigated after submitting witness statement in character as animal

Prosecutors had asked for account of crime from 'PC Peach' - a dog

Form completed as if written by Alsatian and signed with paw print

Report pinned up at police station and shared on Twitter

Officer behind joke referred himself to internal discipline unit

By MARTIN BECKFORD

PUBLISHED: 22:54 GMT, 16 February 2013 | UPDATED: 20:43 GMT, 17 February 2013

Comments (229)

Joke: Police are under investigation for jokingly filling in a witness statement in the name of force dog 'PC Peach', pictured with his handler

Police are under investigation for jokingly filling in a witness statement in the name of a force dog.

Officers became exasperated when prosecutors asked for an account of a crime from a PC Peach, not realising Peach was the name of a police dog.

So they completed the form as if it had been written by the alsatian, and signed it with a paw print.

The dogs statement read: I chase him. I bite him. Bad man. He tasty. Good boy. Good boy Peach.

The form was pinned up at a West Midlands Police station last week for the amusement of colleagues, who are often at odds with the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) over the handling of cases.

Another officer took a photo of the statement and it found its way to a cop humour page on Facebook on Friday.

The image was later deleted but the dog section of a different force, West Yorkshire, enjoyed it so much they posted the image on Twitter in a tweet that was shared more than 150 times.

The CPS, however, failed to see the funny side. Officials are believed to have complained to police that their mistake has been turned into a very public joke.

This is being considered by West Midlands Polices Professional Standards Department and the officer who shared the picture, PC Mark Tissington, referred himself to the internal discipline unit. Sources say he is unlikely to be reprimanded.

DCI Julian Harper, from West Midlands Police, said: 'The Professional Standards Department is looking into this, early enquiries suggest it is a light-hearted exchange as a result of a misunderstanding around a police dog and a police officer. The matter will be investigated.'

It comes just a week after The Mail on Sunday revealed new guidelines for police on the safe use of the internet, which advise officers against sharing operational material online.

Ian Edwards, chairman of the West Midlands branch of the Police Federation, said: Its a difficult time for police and sometimes humour is a way of venting frustrations. I would urge our PSD to be even-handed in the way they deal with it.

The CPS declined to comment.

Paws for thought: The witness statement was written as a joke after prosecutors asked for an account of a crime by 'PC Peach', not realising that the officer was actually an alsatian

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2279789/I-chase-I-bite--crime-report-dog--Police-investigate-completing-witness-statement-written-force-dog.html#ixzz2LEdx2MdJ

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Edited by j

Seems Peach is a girl. I did some googling. Back in 2011, a litter of 9 puppies was born in the Midlands Police Dog Training unit.

Police officers took them to visit the Grade 1 children at a local primary school. The children had the job of picking names.

GIRLS: Pixie, Peach, Pippa, Petal, Pepper

BOYS: Paddy, Punk, Phoenix, Pharaoh.

Pic & story:

http://www.west-midlands.police.uk/np/coventry/news/newsitem.asp?id=3779

Peach is the middle puppy in the pic.

Edited by mita

Seems Peach is a girl. I did some googling. Back in 2011, a litter of 9 puppies was born in the Midlands Police Dog Training unit.

Police officers took them to visit the Grade 1 children at a local primary school. The children had the job of picking names.

GIRLS: Pixie, Peach, Pippa, Petal, Pepper

BOYS: Paddy, Punk, Phoenix, Pharaoh.

Pic & story:

http://www.west-midlands.police.uk/np/coventry/news/newsitem.asp?id=3779

Peach is the middle puppy in the pic.

Silly me, fancy thinking a news article was accurate. :laugh:

Actually, the picture of the note says "Good boy Peach", which I guess means it was the police that were wrong, not the news for once.

Personally, I find it adorable.

I'd say the police officer who made up the joke, wasn't part of the dog unit.... & didn't happen to know that Peach was a girl. Who could blame him, most police dogs seem to be blokes with names like Thunder or Thor.

I still say he should get a promotion. So funny!

Apart from Peach being an 'unusual' name for a police dog, what about her sister 'Petal'. Imagine being a police dog handler & having to say to a hardened cirminal, 'Stop or I'll release Petal!'

Actually, the picture of the note says "Good boy Peach", which I guess means it was the police that were wrong, not the news for once.

Personally, I find it adorable.

I'd say the police officer who made up the joke, wasn't part of the dog unit.... & didn't happen to know that Peach was a girl. Who could blame him, most police dogs seem to be blokes with names like Thunder or Thor.

I still say he should get a promotion. So funny!

Apart from Peach being an 'unusual' name for a police dog, what about her sister 'Petal'. Imagine being a police dog handler & having to say to a hardened cirminal, 'Stop or I'll release Petal!'

This is what happens, when you let children name dogs. :rofl: