A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dried Nova as much as I could with the towel and then let him lay in the sun in the lounge room. Pick a Sunny day smile.gif

lol yea sunny and Ballarat just don't go together in winter. It is a less cold day (currently 9 degrees), than it has been lately...

Washing fluffy dogs in winter in Armidale is no fun at all. Kira takes hours to dry, and hates being wet, so mostly no baths in winter here, just wiping with a wet cloth and lots of brushing- Kira likes winter for that reason.... No water.

Good luck with cleaning yucky puppies people. :D

Di

Hey guys

quick question, Koda 4 times now that I know of has flemmed (not puked but kinda furball sounding noise) up some wood chippings from the yard, we have black wood mulch on our plant areas and I've caught him a few times chewing on a piece, its a very soft black wood, I've been telling him off when I see it but the problem is he lives out there when we are not home and likely hood he will chew on it during the day if bored.

he has lots of bones he prefers to chew on and I try to keep at least one bone out there per day for him to chew on instead but it happened twice today when my OH was home.

can this be an issue, should I consider removing the mulch completely?

There is allot of it out there

EDIT: called the vet and alleviated a few worries, they said its probably from his teething and should pass in time, I just have to keep an eye on him and make sure he isn't out there eating it all the time, if its a little but every now and again its no different to him chewing on a stick he finds.

so far the regurgitated amounts are small so will keep my eye on it and keep providing alternate things to chew.

Edited by JackC

Tank seems to puke when he's hungry. He pukes this brown foamy stuff - bile I guess. The vet didn't seem to concerned and it only happens maybe once a week at the most. Still freaks me out when he does it though!

I've replied on the Aussie thread Jack :)

So must of just been an off few days for Nova, because he's back to being a cuddle pie.

Spray of a water bottle does not stop him from attempting to jump on the couch. He opens his mouth and tried to drink it. Too smart for his own good laugh.gif

Jack- I hope you can get a definitive answer why Koda is doing this, it can be concerning when we are not sure if it is normal or not.

Lisa- Glad to hear you have your "cuddle Bunny" back Lisa, I know how much you enjoy that.Yes, the hopeless feeling when the water spray bottle turns into a fun game... argh.

Don't mind if I rest here do you?

20130706_210647_zpsdd733501.jpg

Actually I think here is a better place

20130706_231355_zps2297e73a.jpg

What?.. Did you seriously think I was gonna nap in one place, HAHA

20130716_231352_zps0a239c83.jpg

Hmm.. Maybe over there has a good soft spot to sleep in

20130716_231337_zpsb9bd84ce.jpg

I think his father was around the 24-25kg mark, mother is low 20's I think, judging by his feet and the weight gain compared to the other litter mates I would say he would reach at least 23kg+ lean

imqkih.jpg

jh8ncw.jpg

I just got back to my little man a few days ago! He is getting so big and a bit naughty. I noticed last night his coat is starting to change already and he is losing a bit of his puppy fluff! Eep. I think he will get to about the 22kg mark we will wait and see at the moment he is doing really well though. Just need to focus on some more training!

Mum sent me these photos while I was away... His head looks a little strange in it. He is going through a weird growth phase.

Edited by Daisy.Tea