A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

They are all starting to turn into Big Dogs now. (big cute dogs).

We weighed Willow the other day and she was even with Dory, weighed her the next day...how the heck do they put on 800g in a day???!!! :eek:

So now she weighs more than Dory. :laugh:

We have fly away ears at the moment too...aka...ridiculous ears.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Nova keeps gaining like he is he might end up being bigger than Koda. He was 5.5kg last friday at 9wks. Gaining bit more than 1kg per week. I'll see what he is this friday for his Vac.

Daisy.tea not sure if you mentioned this before but where did you get Atticus from? He's growing well too.

I'm trying to find a training vest. No idea where to look and ofcourse I have a budget. :( Especially as we have to upgrade our crate size soon. She still fits in Dory's crate at this stage, but having two crates would be most useful at times. And then there is the soft crate I want to get, cos it's easier on the back when going to trials, training or shows. And a you beaut training harness.....

I didn't think I had a wish list until this week, now look at it! It grows daily. :o

that looks great. I have a outward hound bumbag that I love, but I can't fit phone, keys and treats in it.

I purchased a sensible harness from Clean Run & it arrived last week, but hadn't had alot of time to use it. (have been doing training mostly inside once the kids are in bed) took him out the front today to give it a whirl & it's much nicer for him. Although he is still coughing after he has tried pulling in it :( . He really is a terrible puller and we've been working on alot of focus games to help him look for me a bit more. He really has the attention span of a gnat LOL, but is slowly getting better. He will be 7 months next week, not too sure how much he weighs, last month it was about 14 kg. Not sure how much more he will grow, but I'm thinking he should be almost at his adult height now. I'll see if I can get some new photos of him & post them.

Hope everyone's puppies are going well

I've just remembered something I've been meaning to ask for a while. Hopefully some of you more experienced dog owners might have some idea?

Nixon seems to really enjoy weeing when he's running around with something in his mouth. He doesn't do it inside thank goodness, but if you throw the ball for him, he'll usually stop half way back to me to pee. Sometimes after peeing he'll drop the ball and forget about it, but sometimes he'll just bring it back once he's finished. He also does it sometimes when he's carrying a bone around in his mouth. He will do it repeatedly - trying to squeeze out a few drops even when he's just gone :)

My guess is it's somehow linked to enjoyment? The he likes chasing balls and carrying bones and it feels good to pee so he's linked the two? I don't think it's marking because he's not really targeting anywhere useful.

It not a problem, I'm just curious!

your right Lisa, koda has done it a few times, but only when we come home from work, he is so excited to see us he does little uncontrolled happy widdles as he does his excited to see you dance.

it seems he only does it when he has a full or close to full bladder, almost like he doesn't want to miss out on what's going on so he's trying to hold it it, I think as he grows his ability to hold it will increase and it will stop, every time we see it we take him outside and let him relax out there and 99% of the time he does a full wee :D

This might be excitement, but it's not uncontrolled. He will deliberately stop to pee. and if I throw the ball for him 6 times in a row, there's a good chance he'll pee on the way back to me - 6 times!! weird dog.

your right Lisa, koda has done it a few times, but only when we come home from work, he is so excited to see us he does little uncontrolled happy widdles as he does his excited to see you dance.

it seems he only does it when he has a full or close to full bladder, almost like he doesn't want to miss out on what's going on so he's trying to hold it it, I think as he grows his ability to hold it will increase and it will stop, every time we see it we take him outside and let him relax out there and 99% of the time he does a full wee :D

I agree with this. :)

Talking of toileting, Tyrion is getting much much better at toileting outside. Now if only he would let me know that he needs to go out, but im sure that will come with time. Today is harder cause its VERY windy outside and the wind blows him over so he has trouble standing still long enough to pee properly. :laugh:

Edited by Zereuloh

This might be excitement, but it's not uncontrolled. He will deliberately stop to pee. and if I throw the ball for him 6 times in a row, there's a good chance he'll pee on the way back to me - 6 times!! weird dog.

Gus likes to hold things while he does his wee too. Will quite deliberately stop and wee when he has a face full of bone or stick etc, but not 1 in 6 times, at least you know he's emptying the tank!

Well after my daughter buying a baby boxer the other day, today I get contacted by a breeder to advise that her girl has had pups and she has a flashy brindle boy (what I was after), of course it's still early days to tell quality yet, but what to do, what to do. As of next weekend we will be the owners of 3 boxers, do I try and sneak in number four, hubby who was NO MORE DOGS has actually agreed. I may just get my show boy :D :thumbsup:

Congrats boxbright smile.gif

What time does everyones puppies sleep till in the mornings? Nova is almost holding on to wee through the entire night, he is up to pee at about 5ish now, but the last few nights it's been a struggle to get him back to sleep. When he was peeing earlier he would sleep until 6:30-7:30 if I was really lucky.