A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jules I think our puppies are going through the same phase!!!

Yoness, who is 13weeks old now LOVES cardboard boxes, newspaper and the inside of toilet rolls. She rips them up into a million pieces and then must get a little pekish and decides to eat a few pieces...rofl1.gif

As you can see in the very corner, she also has decided that training pee pads are just as good as newspaperlaugh.gif

post-47624-0-15426400-1361423918_thumb.jpg

Edited by dogsforjane

Wow, after reading through all this I think I've been very blessed with Rusty and Biscuit :laugh: Rusty has never chewed, or dug, or been destructive. And all that Biscuit chewed was a light chord, however we have an ongoing problem with being on outdoor furniture...and that's easily cleaned compared to other destructive behaviours. But miss Cherry was another story :angeldevil:

laugh.gif dogsforjane, very cute in a puppy cheeky way eek1.gif

fun days ahead for us hey! so much for toys, they are prefering the cardboard boxes and toilet rolls lol I found Miah the other day under our very old sofa up to no good with pulling at it eeek

I had a quick nap on the sofa yesterday and left my sandles on the floor and yep she had started chewing on one arghhh

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

Wow, after reading through all this I think I've been very blessed with Rusty and Biscuit :laugh: Rusty has never chewed, or dug, or been destructive. And all that Biscuit chewed was a light chord, however we have an ongoing problem with being on outdoor furniture...and that's easily cleaned compared to other destructive behaviours. But miss Cherry was another story :angeldevil:

laugh.gif not the outdoor furniture! we don't really have any, so thats not going be issue smile.gif

laugh.gif not the outdoor furniture! we don't really have any, so thats not going be issue smile.gif

Oops haha it's meant to say PEEING not BEING :laugh: so the patio smells of boy dog pee since he started doing it 2 years ago :o

Oops haha it's meant to say PEEING not BEING :laugh: so the patio smells of boy dog pee since he started doing it 2 years ago :o

rofl1.gif . I was half asleep when i read your comment anyway, bit sleep deprived lately embarrass.gif

I wonder if theres some industrial strength disinfectant you could spray down the furniture/patio with ? one that people with kennels use?

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

rofl1.gif . I was half asleep when i read your comment anyway, bit sleep deprived lately embarrass.gif

I wonder if theres some industrial strength disinfectant you could spray down the furniture/patio with ? one that people with kennels use?

Hmm, good idea! I might try and source some and see how we go! Thanks Jules :D

BTW, I have been following the puppy thread and all the excitment in the lead up to Miah...and she is just such a sweety, you must be smitten with the little ball of mischief! You just can't not forgive that face :laugh:

Haha! I haven't had anything destroyed (my puppy is now 14 months) however she will make a toy out of anything and loves to run around carrying things. Planks of wood, the door mat, the cats bowl, a house brick! :eek: :laugh:

Hmm, good idea! I might try and source some and see how we go! Thanks Jules :D

BTW, I have been following the puppy thread and all the excitment in the lead up to Miah...and she is just such a sweety, you must be smitten with the little ball of mischief! You just can't not forgive that face :laugh:

She is, shes very cute. biggrin.gif

Haha! I haven't had anything destroyed (my puppy is now 14 months) however she will make a toy out of anything and loves to run around carrying things. Planks of wood, the door mat, the cats bowl, a house brick! :eek: :laugh:

Your puppy is doing very well then Huski ! biggrin.gif

laugh.gif at her carrying around all those things altho I hope she doesn't drop the house brick on her legs or on anyone else hehe

They certainly provide hours of entertainment don't they! lol

I just wish i had half the energy they have !

:offtopic: At first I couldn't believe she actually moved it (I found the brick sitting in the middle of my lawn the first time with no idea how it got there). She's very powerful but she's not that big. But nope it was definitely her! Funny dog :) and she has endless energy. I often joke I would love to have her figure she's a ball of muscle and super skinny :laugh:

My 4 month old Charlie is corgi x cav and although he looks like a slim corgi ( with cav ears) he most def has the personality of a cav, he does lots of zoomies, loves toilet roll tubes, and collects anything he can pick up and deposits it all on the living room rug, including underwear!!!!! Miah is very gorgeous, I love her colouring

:offtopic: At first I couldn't believe she actually moved it (I found the brick sitting in the middle of my lawn the first time with no idea how it got there). She's very powerful but she's not that big. But nope it was definitely her! Funny dog :) and she has endless energy. I often joke I would love to have her figure she's a ball of muscle and super skinny :laugh:

laugh.gif

She sounds like a lot of fun huski ! smile.gif

My 4 month old Charlie is corgi x cav and although he looks like a slim corgi ( with cav ears) he most def has the personality of a cav, he does lots of zoomies, loves toilet roll tubes, and collects anything he can pick up and deposits it all on the living room rug, including underwear!!!!! Miah is very gorgeous, I love her colouring

laugh.gif about your Charlie, he sounds very cute and full of character! Miah hasn't discovered underwear just yet smile.gif

Jules - you have a nice normal puppy :)

Well thats true Pers smile.gif

She's just gorgeous Jules :)

Awww thanks Zenith biggrin.gif

She's discovered shoes now ! laugh.gif I was trying to have a quick afternoon nap on the sofa in the loungeroom and when I woke up , I found her like this !

post-11918-0-73177200-1362340655_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

Oooh cheeky girl! Lucky those teeny tiny teeth can't do much damage at the moment. Is she a constant chewed Jules? Flynn definitely is. I find that lots of toys and bully sticks keep him occupied. At the moment he is constantly chewing so it feels like I am always shoving something in his mouth to save my furniture ????.

I also have him either on lead in the house, or if I can't supervise him he is crated. It is really helping with toilet training as he can't wander off and pee somewhere. It's wonderful for training as well as we get lots of opportunity for loose lead walking and mastering the basic commands.

When does Miah start puppy school Jules?

Hi Sujo, no shes not a big time chewer, not yet anyway lol If I catch her in the act (and its not a toy) I tell her No firmly, which she does listen too, and then distract her with her toys.

She's now just discovered the ties on our kitchen chair covers eeek!

Her teeth might be tiny but they are quite sharp!

What are bully sticks? Ive heard them mentioned a few times on dol.. I give her a raw hide stick some nights in her pen, but shes usually finished it by the morning!

Good idea what you are doing with Flynn, he will be an expert at walking on his leash soon ! :)

So far theres been a few little accidents inside, but we have tiled floors so its not too bad. But never in her night pen. She lets us know she needs to go outside (still a few times a night) My lovely husband has been getting up, as Ive been sleeping through her cries eeek

I started puppy kindy last Thurs night, we were told to not too bring our puppies for the first night just so the instructor could go over some theory stuff with us first. So this Thurs night will be our first proper night together. There's only going be 3 or 4 puppies, which im happy about. A red kelpie, a border collie x and maybe a pug and Miah,

Have you started yet with Flynn?

Do you have a recent pic of him, would love to see it if you do ! biggrin.gif

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs