Photos In A Cemetery

tlc

Hi Guys, I have some photos I took last night in the Cemetery here in our town and I would like to share but only if no one would be offended. I know some people can be a bit touchy about some subjects and wanted to make sure it was ok first.

Edited by tlc

I'll post two then wait for some more replies before I post any more. It is the old ones that fascinate me. I feel quite at peace at this particular cemetery as both my grandparents are buried here.

file_zps2ea339b5.jpg

file_zps61a32474.jpg

Tha is guys, I'll post a couple more tonight and maybe link the Facebook album to the whole lot.

They were very atmospheric, the sky looked exactly like it does in the photos, I basically exposed for the sky and lightened the shadows on the graves in post. I was really pleased how they turned out. I used my new 24-70 f/2.8, pretty happy with it so far.

Guest muttrus

my father in law is burried in a cemetery next door to an hertiage listed one ? I think something like that its really old most you can"t read and those you can are really interesting I love taking photos there .

Sadly its been the victim of vandals I wanted to start up a program called adopt a grave sounds freaking maybe but these graves are so old no living relos are there to care for them .I hate seeing some graves un kept especially those of children .There are alot for august 1900"s

Anyway YES photos are awesome have you ever done a night shoot and caught something you can"t explain on film ?

I have done a total night shoot where it was completely dark, that was a little scary, (just a little) :laugh: There was a few unexplained things on the photos, little specks of light orb type of lights. There was a strange one amongst last nights, Ill pop it up and see what you think.

I think your right about a lot of the older unkept graves, so old now that there is no living relative to take any care of them. I didn't venture to the older children section of the cemetery but thats on my list for next time.

This one was the odd one out of all the photos I took, there was 107 and every single photo was in focus, there was a few that were a little dark as I am shooting in full Manual mode now so I was playing with the Aperture and Shutter speed a bit. This lens and camera never have a problem with focusing on stuff ever and I was in one particular spot and there was no way the camera was focusing on anything, it just wouldn't no matter what I did and when it finally did and let me shot the picture this is what I got.

I never gave it a thought about the camera not focusing at the time just thought it was strange and when it did finally focus I just expected the photo to be in focus till I seen it. Photos either side of it were fine just this one out of the the whole lot that was weird?

file_zps8eec968c.jpg