Dogs Seized From No Kill Shelter

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lone Highnam no she had an arrowhead seed in her cheek when she was dropped off, not that we knew that at the time it was removed and the following day she was brought back to Moorook. Desexed animals are not rehomed until their stitches are removed 10 days after operation.

This is not correct. When I got my boy in October, he had only been desexed three or four days before I picked him up. He still had his stitches in.

In regards to the 3 days in the trailer/van thing.. when I picked up Gus there wasn't a trailer, but he was the only dog that was there when I picked him up. He had come down in the van and when I got there he was wandering around out the front of Lola's daughters property. The daughter had a GSD that did not like other dogs and was going of its head at Gus from the other side of the fence. So if animals are staying at Lola's daughters house, they are definitely kept in either the van or the trailer overnight, there was no where else for them to go.

I got my dog from Moorook 2 years ago, and he still had his stitches in from his de-sexing op. She said he was about 5 days post-op. My own vet removed the sutures about 5 days later. And my boy was micro-chipped by Lola outside the front gate of the shelter, while I held him.

I can't screenshot anything on my phone but Mark has said he has spoken to the people involved with the puppy farm that was raided and can clearly see both sides. Really?!?!?!?!!!

Edited by BlueyLove

Yep, got send that little gem about his being privy to all the cases, but there have been so many other WTF moments it got forgotten. There is no justification for the conditions at the PF or Moorook, I guess people just can't post without making themselves look like they agree with him.

love this little gem, from the newspaper article, which I think goes a long way to explaining his actions

Mr Aldridge told The Bunyip he has built up a large following by “leading by example” and now has a team of volunteers who will help him run a grass roots campaign heading to polling day.
- wonder if all those "helpers" he recruited for Moorook knew this is really what he wants 'em for.

He has two businesses. Used cars (Aldridge Manor I think he calls it) and water features imported from Bali despite his campaign platform about buying Australian and buying local.

A used car salesman, why does that not surprise me :laugh:

http://www.thecaryardsa.com/ (that website is so bad it makes my eyes hurt)

His small scale* Indonesian imports (again, beware of horrid website)

http://www.enchantingimpressions.com.au/

*small by his definition, but it "keeps him alive" and somehow funds children in Indonesia. Not sure how that works unless he employs them to make the goods :laugh:

Ah, of course.

From his personal website:

This campaign is all about one question "Is it Australian?" this question should be asked every time we part with our hard earned money, at the fish shop, restaurant, grocery store, everywhere, "retailers do listen", if they hear it enough, they will start to do the same when they stock their stores

So, next time someone goes to buy an Indonesian product, he should be encouraging them to ask him if it's Australian! But you know, not his Indonesian product, just someone else's lol

If somebody feels threatened by him they need to make a report with the police.

This may actually get his gun licence suspended and his firearms will be seized. A fair result methinks

Edited by BlackJaq

So sad to see all this hate and mud slinging . personal threats ,personal information being posted , attacking each other on ALL the sites out there

people reading them wanting to support dogs that need help ( after they had seen what happened on tv and newspapers ) are only getting turned away from all the nastiness on the pages , which they dont want to be invoved in

and recently have heard 3 people actually got their dogs from places like Gumtree and Trading post :(

even though some are given links or groups to try

they just dont want to because of all the hate on the pages

Just because one started it with maybe false and misleading antics , it doesnt help when it continues on both sides , as the animals are now going to suffer even more :(

So, exactly what was her intent? It sure as hell wasn't to look after the animals!

And unfortunately for him, intent isn't the issue. You can not intend to kill someone, but if you kill someone you're still charged with manslaughter and go to jail for a very long time, you don't walk away free.

Is it his opinion that charges shouldn't be laid, or official word?