Vets In Canberra

Hello, I am currently doing research into the quality and duty of care of Vets in Canberra, ACT, if you have any stories regarding an experience/s with any Vets in Canberra and the region I would appreciate hearing from you with your stories....maybe your loved one wasn't treated correctly or failed to be treated as you saw fit

Gee, this poses a few questions....

What is the purpose of your research?

Are you only seeking stories of negative experiences?

Is this an approved project for academic purposes?

What level of confidentiality will you be providing for responses given to your request?

Will you be given those vets named in stories the right of response to allegations made against them?

How and when will the research be published?

ETA: Hmmmm just looked at your posting history. If this is story collecting to support a potential civil action against a local vet, I think from an ethical perspective you should be saying so. I honestly don't know what stories about any other vet can do to support such an action.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

What level of confidentiality will you be providing for responses given to your request?

Will you be given those vets named in stories the right of response to allegations made against them?

ETA: Hmmmm just looked at your posting history. If this is story collecting to support a potential civil action against a local vet, I think from an ethical perspective you should be saying so. I honestly don't know what stories about any other vet can do to support such an action.

Since I have only good things to report about my dog's vet, no thank you. I think it is highly unethical to witch hunt people. If you have an issue with a vet, off you go. Don't involve anyone else.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

There is no witch hunt, I am most surprised that people are putting the vets before their animals..............don't you want your animal looked after correctly if needed.......I find it hard to believe that everyone that leaves a vet clinic is happy

There is no witch hunt, I am most surprised that people are putting the vets before their animals..............don't you want your animal looked after correctly if needed.......I find it hard to believe that everyone that leaves a vet clinic is happy

If I wasn't, I'd take it up with the vet, not an internet forum.

If it isn't a witch hunt, then what is it's purpose? :confused: You still haven't said why you want these stories.

If I'm not happy, I don't leave the vet clinic until I am and I chose my vet based on her reputation amongst experienced dog sports people, not because she was close or cheap. . So far I have NEVER been unhappy with the treatment my dogs have received and to be quite frank, I find your suggestion that I would put the vet before my animals offensive. You have no idea what I've done to ensure my dogs have received the best treatment that I can find for them.

My vet treats my animals correctly. End of story.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

If it isn't a witch hunt, then what is it's purpose? :confused: You still haven't said why you want these stories.

If I'm not happy, I don't leave the vet clinic until I am and I chose my vet based on her reputation amongst experienced dog sports people, not because she was close or cheap. . So far I have NEVER been unhappy with the treatment my dogs have received and to be quite frank, I find your suggestion that I would put the vet before my animals offensive. You have no idea what I've done to ensure my dogs have received the best treatment that I can find for them.

My vet treats my animals correctly. End of story.

I care about animals just like you and honestly you are offending me...end of story

How? By asking why you want these stories? You still haven't given an answer to that.

Or by telling you that you suggesting people don't care as much about their animals as you do is offensive? :confused:

Well, you've just contradicted yourself there. I put my dog first and my dog's vet puts my dog first. What part of NO is hard for you to understand. Go away.

If this is legitimate research then you need ethics approval to ask the public any sort of questions, opinions or experiences.

Every ethics committee requires a Participant Information Statement which outlines the researchers, what will be done with the data, who can access it and many other issues besides. You have answered none of these nor attempted to be transparent.

Therefore the only conclusion we can make I'd that it isn't 'research', rather it is someone on a witch hunt.

I don't care if you're 'offended', I conduct actual research and attempts like yours make it harder for legitimate researchers to be taken seriously and get participants.

Btw, I love my vet. He's effective, intelligent and has assembled a brilliant team around him.

Is this a follow on from this thread?

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/247058-are-there-any-solicitors-in-nsw-for-dogs/

How about you detail what happened to start you on your current crusade (don't put the vet clinic name in here), and we may be able to help you with your next step towards some resolution.

People are not going to name vets and describe any substandard care on a public internet forum - apart from being against forum rules, it's also libellous/defamatory and people could be sued.

T.

Good on you, macklemad & T, for spelling out actual reasons why it's not wise to request, or to give, information on a sketchy basis, like in the OP & following.

And good suggestion, T, that it's more appropriate, on a Net forum, to look at ways in which concerns can be handled & hopefully resolved, without naming any individual vet clinic.

Edited by mita

Hello, I am currently doing research into the quality and duty of care of Vets in Canberra, ACT, if you have any stories regarding an experience/s with any Vets in Canberra and the region I would appreciate hearing from you with your stories....maybe your loved one wasn't treated correctly or failed to be treated as you saw fit

I understand you have had a very upsetting experience losing a pet and feel the vet was at fault. But you are honestly better off seeking redress through the proper channels as suggested in the other thread - Vet Board, private legal action, etc - rather than trying to gather any information via this method. I hope you can get some outcome that will go some way to helping you and your family cope better with your loss.