Sam

LisaCC

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I so know what you mean. When I felt ready I made a photo album of Holly, my beloved lab, which now sits on the bookshelf.

It's coming up to 4 years now since we lost her and my eyes still well up when I look at it :cry: , although I am smiling at the memories too. :)

Edited by teekay

• 10 months later...

One year on, it doesn't seem like it,

I still think of you all the time. I recently saw part of your silly antics in your litter brother that you never got to meet. You adored puppies and were always so gentle with them, you guys would of had fun.

I miss your big paws, velvet ears and the slow thump of your tail.

I realised I never put your pedigree name on here. Sam: Sinvale Music Man

It suited well, as you loved it when I played piano.

This is him zooming around the same afternoon he was diagnosed with Degenerative Myelopathy. He never stopped.

61426_10151161285030787_370780856_n.jpg

Edited by LisaCC

Hugs to you Lisa, it is so hard to believe it has been a whole year- so many tears later Sam is still looking over your little family, and no doubt planting ideas in Nova's head to help you through the day.

Di

Hugs to you Lisa, it is so hard to believe it has been a whole year- so many tears later Sam is still looking over your little family, and no doubt planting ideas in Nova's head to help you through the day.

Di

Thanks Tikira, lovely sentiments, and yes, it really doesn't seem like that long.

Nova was overly snuggly and quite calm that night too.

I've just seen this thread and offer my belated first year anniversary condolences.

Lisa your boy was a true beauty. That first year anniversary is a very sad and difficult one.

You were so lucky to have eachother to love :hug:

What a dear darling of a boy. I loved that photo of you both as you were recuperating after your surgery.

But then the garden photo and the pose photo were as beautiful.

Vale, Sivale Music Man.

Sam, you did bring much music of love. Be free.

:rainbowbridge:

Edited by VizslaMomma

Thank you Griff, canNrott and VizslaMomma.

He was never the most photogenic dog, he looked so much better in real life, he was such a beautiful boy. It actually kind of frustrates me that not many of his photos look "normal". The one of him and me is probably the closest but his eyes are closed laugh.gif

He did have a "normal" looking head when he was younger too, but when he was very sick at 7 (I wrote a whole thread on him somewhere if anyone wants to know the details) the muscles on his head almost completely wasted away.

I miss his bony head, but I also miss his healthy boofhead. I'll try to remember to find some old non-didgital photos of him when I go back to Mums at Easter. Might even find some puppy photos smile.gif