Puppy Peeing And Pooping Everywhere :(

merikuri

I think you are over thinking the whole thing a bit. You should be enjoying your pups company and visa versa. There is so much good info here. I enjoyed every minute of the puppy stage and had 4 pups in under 18 months (My choice) was it hard work I would say one was the other 3 were fantastic and I'd do it again tomorrow if I could!

I agree with Juice, your puppy needs to be able to be a puppy, set up a shade sail for shade or a make shift shelter anything so pup can enjoy outdoors, the hot weather is getting less and less now so pup should be able to go out more.

Ignore bad behaviour, reward good behaviour. Seek out a puppy school sooner rather than later and get advice from your breeder, I am a little surprised your breeder did not question and better prepare you for the days ahead with puppy. Your first port of call for any help and info should be your breeder. But there will always be great advice on DOL so don't hesitate to keep posting and learning!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you do any research before you bought this dog?What exactly do you intend to do with her when she is fully grown ,if you have no shade now?This may sound harsh, but really ,she is not a hamster to spend all her time in a cage, she needs to be outside, playing eating grass, exploring and enjoying herself.She is a puppy, she cannot hold on that long in a crate to wee at this age.There are 3 pages of advice here, read it, get her a kennel for outside and let her start being a dog, or get a stuffed one instead.. :(

Yes I did! Just that I moved into a new house this week and it was totally unplanned so I didn't have enough time to prepare the shade! I'm taking her out everytime when she wakes up from her nap and she would lie on the grass eating leaves and catching ants! I have many photos of her in the garden it's just that now there is no Internet in the new place and I can't seem post pictures with my phone. Trust me I did not plan to crate her for longer than 2 hours during the day unless she is happily sleeping.. As I am now trying to find a way to keep her when I'm out. I probably need to ask friends over to look after her..

Is the bathroom larger than the laundry (as a safe place when you are out)? Definitely don't crate her for long periods, but have the crate there for her if she want to use it. Toss an old t-shirt or trackies, that you haven't washed, into the crate. Your scent will comfort her.When my dog was young I tied one of those ribbed cylindrical Kongs to a table leg with elastic. I demonstrated for her and she took to the game! Tugging the toy, releasing and chasing as it zipped across the floor. But only have this when you are home to supervise.It might be a good idea to let the neighbours know that you have a new pup and not to be concerned if they hear her while she's settling in.

Bathroom would be my last resort if I can't find someone to look after her during the day when I am out. I'm a little bit worried of her being left alone outside since she likes to pick up things she finds in the backyard. Don't want her to end up eating sth she is not supposed to be!

Through the night there I would get up personally, try every 4 hours at first.... try letting her out at say 10:30pm, getting up at 2:30am, and then 6:30am. Puppies don't sleep much longer than 6:30am anyway. If you want to leave paper in the laundry, I'd think about getting some fake grass from bunnings, think someone else may of suggested that.... she may chew it though. Can you put up a shade sail so she has shade outside? You will probably need to do something eventually unless you stick in a doggy door.

Goldenwei, I'll definitely put up a shade soon after Easter! And baby gates as well

I would get some shelter put up in the yard so you can leave her outside. It's not that difficult. I have a puppy run I recently put shade in as I am getting a puppy in a month - a big tarp attached to the house on one end and the fence on the other end. I have a verandah and lots of trees in the main yard for the adult dogs. Both main yard and puppy yard have a kennel and trampoline bed for each dog.

I'm only worried about my pup eating sth wrong if left unsupervised in the yard. There are some plants in my new place which I have not seen before. i heard from friends that some seeds from the plant is not dog's best friend! I might need to ask the owner about those plants..

If you keep the crate by your bed you should hear the pup get up at night. It only took 3 or 4 days before my girl was sleeping through the night. Then make sure you toilet them first thing in the morning

If the pup has an accident inside its not the end of the world - just clean it up and make a mental note of how you could have prevented that accident.

Having a puppy is a fun time, just relax a bit more and enjoy it. :)

I think you are over thinking the whole thing a bit. You should be enjoying your pups company and visa versa. There is so much good info here. I enjoyed every minute of the puppy stage and had 4 pups in under 18 months (My choice) was it hard work I would say one was the other 3 were fantastic and I'd do it again tomorrow if I could! I agree with Juice, your puppy needs to be able to be a puppy, set up a shade sail for shade or a make shift shelter anything so pup can enjoy outdoors, the hot weather is getting less and less now so pup should be able to go out more. Ignore bad behaviour, reward good behaviour. Seek out a puppy school sooner rather than later and get advice from your breeder, I am a little surprised your breeder did not question and better prepare you for the days ahead with puppy. Your first port of call for any help and info should be your breeder. But there will always be great advice on DOL so don't hesitate to keep posting and learning!

Yes all my friends who have dogs told me I'm too stressed over everything..lol I'll get her a shelter asap she really likes to be in outdoor a lot!

..if you have some spare money ..something like THIS would be perfect -worry free and secure and sheltered :) Ooohhh ..I like the look of these- shade AND shelter and look good :)

I like the kennel look on gumtree! Thanks for the suggestion!

If you keep the crate by your bed you should hear the pup get up at night. It only took 3 or 4 days before my girl was sleeping through the night. Then make sure you toilet them first thing in the morningIf the pup has an accident inside its not the end of the world - just clean it up and make a mental note of how you could have prevented that accident.Having a puppy is a fun time, just relax a bit more and enjoy it. :)

Thanks! I have to say for the first day I wasn't really enjoying having a pup! But after that I'm getting used to her am it's really nice to have her around!

I was a little nervous about getting a puppy, as Ive never owned one before, and im not young and energetic anymore. But after the initial first couple of very tiring weeks of adjusting some of our routine, Im loving it and not stressing so much. As everyone has said to me Enjoy the puppy stage, as they grow up very quickly, and not puppies for very long :)

We've been minding my parents Cocker a lot. Here she was toilet trained within a few weeks.

At their place she sleeps inside and never asks to go out - just toileted anywhere she felt like it in their house!

It didn't help that they totally spoil her:-)

So I got fed up with her always being here, and told them that like it or not I was going to crate train her. It took a week. Now she sleeps in the dog house when she's here, and in the crate at my parents. No more messes to clean up, and they are so happy! It took a long time to convince them that a crate was the best thing, now my dad loves it.

Hi everyone! Just an update. Puppy has been wiling to go inside her crate to play, take a nap etc on her own since yesterday! I don't have to close the door and she will just wake up and go to the door if she needs to go :)

Except for two nights ago she had 2 accidents in the house becaus of rain (we were soaking as I waited 30 minutes for her to go and once inside, she went ><), she has been doing great!

Once again thanks for all the advice! It helps a lot especially I'm someone who can be really stressed out! It's amazing how crate training works wonder. It has only been 3 days and the difference is so huge compared to the first day I brought her home. :)

We've been minding my parents Cocker a lot. Here she was toilet trained within a few weeks.

At their place she sleeps inside and never asks to go out - just toileted anywhere she felt like it in their house!

It didn't help that they totally spoil her:-)

So I got fed up with her always being here, and told them that like it or not I was going to crate train her. It took a week. Now she sleeps in the dog house when she's here, and in the crate at my parents. No more messes to clean up, and they are so happy! It took a long time to convince them that a crate was the best thing, now my dad loves it.

Sorry...I know what you mean, but when I first read it....I thought OMG...your Mum's got the right idea :rofl: especially if dad now loves his crate. :thumbsup: