Snake Catcher Barry!

Kirislin

The media circus came to my place after i tried to find the owner of a lost snake.

Here are some links to my embarassment, hopr you find them...amusing

CHannel 9

Channel 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 3 months later...

is there somewhere one can do a course on safe snake handling? When I had the copperhead by the kitchen door with dogs going crazy I either couldn't get anyone to come, or I couldn't afford them. I ended up picking it up myself. I was lucky it was a copperhead and not a tiger snake I suppose.

It happened a few years ago now but it was going to cost me alot of money to get someone out and the snake could have been gone by the time they arrived. I wasn't completely silly though, I took precautions. I rang a friend and got her to come around just in case I got bitten. I put on gumboots, some big elbow length welding leather gauntlets, got a bucket with a lid on it and long handled barbeque tongs :laugh: Picked up snakey as close to its head as I could, although it still managed to turn its head and try to bite the tongs. We took it up the road to the National park and let it go.