Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Grooming Requirement

Reese&Mia

Well I have found a registered breeder with whom I will not do business...searching her email adress, came up with how she has sold cavoodles :mad it could have been an 'accident' but would a good breeder have such accidents happen??

I'd be steering clear of that one!

Don't be scared to look interstate... Just make sure you sight the parents heart/eye certificates.

Both my dogs come from Sydney & I'm on Perth. It's not that expensive to fly them :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have found a registered breeder with whom I will not do business...searching her email adress, came up with how she has sold cavoodles :mad it could have been an 'accident' but would a good breeder have such accidents happen??

and don't be scared to eith PM cav breeders/owners on D O L .....or ask for opinions on breeders you find (without making the names public)

It might take a while ..but best to do your research ! :)

accidents can and do happen, nobody is perfect. But most wouldn't be advertising them with a DD name.

Thanks LizT and showdog! What would be the best tool to strip?

So sorry for taking over the thread, I'm just so interested in anything that will reduce the shedding haha.

Not a problem it helps me also :)

Strangely there are no rules about registered breeders selling or breeding "DD's", PROVIDED the registered dogs are not the ones being used for the cross breeding.

There is nothing that says they can't use unregistered dogs, or their family members may also be involved in breeding unregistered dogs.

Personally, I'd keep looking.

Strangely there are no rules about registered breeders selling or breeding "DD's", PROVIDED the registered dogs are not the ones being used for the cross breeding.

There is nothing that says they can't use unregistered dogs, or their family members may also be involved in breeding unregistered dogs.

Personally, I'd keep looking.

Just to clarify thats not the same breeder as I was talking about last night just another one :-)

But yes Im contacting others still, not sure what they usually price at so Im looking around to see if the prices are the same or not, if not then why not, just out of curiousity :-)

Well Im done for now, emailed 4 breeders out of 30...not only am I fussy, but I prefer keeping closer to home as well...hubby asked me how my enquiries were going tonight...I said, thats all they are at the moment enquiries :p lol

So sorry for taking over the thread, I'm just so interested in anything that will reduce the shedding haha.

furminator

stripping stone

dull stripping knives

rubber glove/finger condoms

depends on the coat and how easy it is to work. Best to get instruction on how to use the tools so you don;t damage the coat

Well Im done for now, emailed 4 breeders out of 30...not only am I fussy, but I prefer keeping closer to home as well...hubby asked me how my enquiries were going tonight...I said, thats all they are at the moment enquiries :p lol

Be prepared you might have to keep following them up. ;-)

The Breeder we got Miah through was exceptional with communication the whole way through , but they not all like that.

Hopefully you get some responses soon :) But also be prepared if you find a good breeder, you might have to go on a long waiting list also.

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

furminator

stripping stone

dull stripping knives

depends on the coat and how easy it is to work. Best to get instruction on how to use the tools so you don;t damage the coat

FINGER CONDOMS?? :rofl: What are they!?

furminator

stripping stone

dull stripping knives

FINGER CONDOMS?? :rofl: What are they!?

Exactly what they sound like...

Lol.. I figured as much but I've never heard of it as a stripping tool :laugh: :laugh:

I'm lucky Lucy doesn't have such a long coat so I only have to use my hands when she's in the bath opposed to the above methods :) this may change one day, of course..

he just replied and sent extra pic OH MY Cuteness overloads!!!!!! :love:

:) cute is good.

health tests and GOOD results of parents , a good pedigree , parents of great temperament , breeder support for the life of the pup are BETTER :p :D

Couldn't agree more, now I have to move on, parents have never been tested. :( and for about 1200 a pup, I would expect them to have been tested. Disapointed.