Dinosaurs Do Exist! In Our Backyards!

Kirislin

Innocent little Zoey, minding her own business eating her lamb rib. Blackie the chicken stands back and watches....for a little while

8643938273_685d031211_c.jpg

5F6A5209dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

Hmmmmm thinks Blackie, whatcha got there little doggie?

8643938717_ebf78a0218_c.jpg

5F6A5210dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

mmmmmmmmmm nom nom nom says Zoey

8645034904_899542ef02_c.jpg

5F6A5211dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

Blackie: Looks good, can I have some?

Zoey: No! It's mine!

8643939723_316cdeacfa_c.jpg

5F6A5212dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

You gotta do better than that kid.

8645035884_4d1c41da72_c.jpg

5F6A5214dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

I'm Blackie the Bold, and I take what I want.

OK, if you say so. squeaks Zoey

8645036178_eedf6c01d4_c.jpg

5F6A5215dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

Then she gives Tag the stare down treatment

8643941023_b90f9a9c2f_c.jpg

5F6A5219dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

Zoey isn't even mine, she belongs to Iggy Mum, but I've now trained her 3 to leave the chooks alone too. It's harder to train the chooks to leave the dogs alone. :laugh:

Yes Pers, Blackie was one of the rescue chooks, she doesn't even lay me eggs, she just struts about the place and terrorises the dogs. :laugh:

Fantastic photos, I love chooks :) I was a friends place for a bbq recently and the girls(chooks) were happily wandering around us pecking at anyones toes that had painted nails. I went to pick up my handbag that was next to my chair and there was a chook sitting in it nodding off :laugh:

Edited by stans mum

Ha ha love it, no way mine would tolerate a chicken trying to take their food! Good job on training the dogs not to have a go at the chookies!

Puck will have a go at them if they try to steal his food, but so far he's got amazing bite inhibition, I was shocked at how much restraint he used. The chooks know to keep clear of him, although they still hover by and if he misses anything they'll grab it.

There is something sad about seeing a Rottweiler have to give up it's marrow bone to a bantam White Leghorn, and sort of walk off looking depressed. Same when said Rottweiler is bravely hunting rabbits across a paddock, comes across a few Guinea Fowl, and they herd it back to the house. It's good though, I wouldn't like having to manage chicken-killing dogs.