It Always Amuses Me...

W Sibs

That whenever I walked Skeeter and Emmy and they are dirty, messy and basically look unloved they get a lot of compliments on how white they are, how great they are looking and they are stunning looking dogs BUT when I take them after giving them a bath and properly groom them, they get no compliments at all.. in fact, people often ignore them.

I don't get it but I do find it funny.

laugh.gif

whenever we take ours out and about, and we haven't washed them for a while or brushed them nicely, and we get compliments, i'm always making excuses like they look nicer when they have just been bathed/brushed embarrass.gif I feel like i have to justify myself, I dont know why I do that, the people complimenting them don't know any better laugh.gif

Hahaha yes!! We get this all the time... "How do you keep him sooo white?!" Ummmm he's basically brown!

I think when I have him freshly groomed people are too intimidated to come say hello, if they do its "oh can I touch him? I don't want to get him dirty!" I have to assure them it's ok :laugh:

Skeeter doesn't give them a chance to ask if they could pat him.. he is already poking them for pats.

People say they are scared to get Skeeter or Emmy dirty, I often say 'Don't worry about it, Skeeter always gets himself dirty, as well as Emmy, without anyone help'

Hee hee. I have an Aussie with lots of white, and I am constantly being told how "lovely and white" she is. She looks really yellow to me, because I know she hasn't had a bath in, errr, no comment.

Edit: I even get it from vets, who also comment that she's nicely groomed... when I had been stressing in the waiting room that she hasn't been brushed in weeks and needs a good bath...

Edited by wuffles

:laugh: maybe we can tell they are dirty because we know we haven't given them a bath

I stress about the vet too, especially when I had Charlie. No matter how much I groom him, he can look like a stray dog within 5 minutes we leave the house.

We are always being asked how we keep our dogs so clean and what do we use to wash them. Ummm... we live on a dusty property and they are lucky to have a bath every 5 or so years :laugh: I think diet plays a big part in their softness, and not being white helps too :)

Zeus is exactly the same -- only he's predominately black. I'm always getting comments like "oh his coat is so shiny and soft" whilst I'm thinking "he hasn't been washed in a good 6 months and is usually going swimming in the manky creek at the dog park". :o :laugh:

It is funny though, some dogs just appear naturally cleaner than others. Kirah has a wire haired coat and it usually always looks dirty -- but that could be the flecks of white and tan coming though the blue. :shrug:

Edited by RiverStar-Aura

I know I have to bath Ammo when people comment on his lovely 'cream fur' :laugh:

:laugh:

Yeah, I know it's time to give Emmy a bath when people ask 'I didn't know Japanese Spitz came in cream too'.. which is bad because Skeeter is a white samoyed, not a cream samoyed :o

I always get compliments on my Dalmatian. Inside i'm like "she's yellow! She needs a bath!" and then I told a workmate she had mozzie bites on her head and they were brownish tinged. He couldn't see them.

In a way, the white is high maintenance to keep looking really bright, but I would not swap it for the world because when it's clean it's amazing.

That whenever I walked Skeeter and Emmy and they are dirty, messy and basically look unloved they get a lot of compliments on how white they are, how great they are looking and they are stunning looking dogs BUT when I take them after giving them a bath and properly groom them, they get no compliments at all.. in fact, people often ignore them.

I don't get it but I do find it funny.

That;s because when they are newly clean, they dazzle people with the brightness so much they can;t see them! ;)