Dog Haters From Hell

GSL

Are the bad neighbours renting? You can complain to the landlord, and they can evict. Myself and some friends did that when our neighbours in an upstairs apartments were lighting fires on their balcony and having all night pot parties in the shared yard.

It gave the landlord extra grounds for eviction. She'd wanted to get rid of them but they were paying the rent...

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for all your comments and suggestions and I apologise for not responding sooner.

We have had problems with the neighbour in question, police involvement and lack of their assistance due to insufficient proof, even though a bag of smashed glass was provided and an independent witness has come forward! To make matters worse, the RSPCA was notified and a false allegation was lodged about us mistreating and abusing our loved pet. That was the last straw!

Unfortunately we had to sell our pet after having him for only 9 months. It was becoming such a toxic environment for us to keep him as he couldn't run in his yard and be a dog. The children are devastated and now the neighbour got their way. We still don't understand why this has been allowed to happened but there are clearly evil people in the world and unfortunately we live right next door to one.

What would motivate someone to hurt an innocent animal defies logic.

This is the sort of stuff you read in the papers and dread that it never happens to yourself.

Devastated :(

:( I am so sorry. You will never be able to understand these peoples actions because quite frankly they have no conscious.

I can relate so much to you and other dolers who have had neighbours from hell. My case ended up in court, it was the only way forward. It began with their dogs roaming onto our property, chasing our retired arabs and aggravating our dogs. It soon exploded into a living nightmare.

I dont know if it helps others in the future, though it is crucial to keep records of everything, video footage/cameras set up is also vital. Dont ever take things into your own hands, my neighbour had a long reputation as violent, he scared the life out of me with his threats and abuse. His wife was just as bad.

Don't take the bait.

There was a neighbour dispute not far from me where an inspirational officer was killed. The dispute had been ongoing for 7 years. These disputes can get serious.

If they are renting, you can report it to the agent. In regard to glass being thrown (mine threw glass into the horse paddocks) council can follow up on that. You will need proof though. There is a good chance reporting them to council will make things even worse :(

As others have said, seriously consider moving. Your home should be a sanctuary and a soft place to land. When children and animals are involved if I had had my chance again I would have sold and moved, it's just not worth the stress, fear and worry. Being under seige in your own home is terrible.

The police can and will get involved. If you are not happy with the advice of one officer ask to speak with a supervisor.

ETA This is one womans story, so tragic :(http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9829089/Desperate-last-plea-of-woman-plagued-by-neighbours-from-hell.html

And a link to a support group http://neighboursfromhell.com.au/

Edited by Nic.B

I'm so sorry you've had to sell your pet -- no one has the right to make you feel so trapped and crappy. :(

Perhaps you could look into erecting some kind of barrier protection in the future before looking into getting another pup. Better yet, build a huge dog run, that way they can throw stuff to their heart's content without you worrying about the pup's safety and welfare.

We too had abusive neighbours the man cracked the sh*ts with us because he'd bought a house with a garage too small for his ute. He started bitching about leaves falling in his ute tray causing staining -- funny thing about trees losing their leaves!

It got to the point he started throwing the leaves over the fence onto our property and once he dumped them, with some rocks in the mix, onto my head. We packed up and sold our house.

:hug: Some neighbours are just jerks (to put it mildly).

I guess it depends on the leval of abuse you suffer and where it began, how resonable they are etc. My neighbour was extreme and impossible to deal with from day one. It had to go to court, there was nor other way.

If your neighbour is approchable and has mentioned a few things I would respect and adress that via written communication.

Hopefully that is enough and that is the end of it. Everyone is happy :)

My parents have Satan and his bride living next door to them. An older (evil couple) who trap and kill animals in the most hideous of ways. Years of evidence and nothing has been done by police or the RSPCA to stop it. We don't even let our dogs loose in mum and dad's yard because of them. They even make council complaints if feathers from mum's silky bantams blow through the fence. And they think they are so right they don't even retaliate under cover of darkness. I once had to get mum's cat out of a cat trap in the boot of their car on a hot summer's day (with police assistance). Apparently it must've jumped in there all by itself.

Some psycho's make you want to take the law into your own hands.

Had to relocate to get away from neighbours from hell. They used to whinge and bitch about everything our dogs did - yet had the audacity to let their dogs bark at all hours and grow hydro in their spare room to get money to make home improvements. Lived on tenter hooks there with police constantly coming around wanting to use our backyard to spy on the neighbours :(

Sad you had to let your pup go, that would've been most heartbreaking...but in the long run was probably the best and only thing you could've done given the circumstances.

Wow, what a horrible situation. That really sucks that such scum ended up ontop in this situation. Some other horrible stories mentioned by others too.

I feel realy fortunate with just how good all my neighbours are with anything, dogs, parties etc.

What I find utterly sickening in these cases is the authorities do basically nothing.

I wouldn't go into detail on a forum but I do know that some scum harming my pets vindictively and intentionally would certainly be finding life in general alot harder. Lack of govco authority resolutions to these problems surely indicates they want people to take care of their own problems?

If I had my chance again I would have sold and moved early into the issues. It was resolved through court and I was exctatic with the result, though until we moved I remained on tenderhooks. I just didnt trust them and knew how difficult anything they did (if I was not home) was to prove. Plus they had an axe to grind (in their minds).

Even with cameras set up, which were put up after the court case, they will find a way around it. It is often one persons word against the other and if you are living next to people who are clearly demented they will deny and lie :mad These people actually enjoy what they are doing or at least get some warped thrill out of it.

The thing is, we responded very appropriately. In fact I think we were far too patient and thoughtful, I dont think it would have mattered as they were not interested in resolving anything.

I know I said that reporting to council and police would probably make things worse, though I do believe you are not able to give bullies like this an inch. Reporting is critical when you are dealing with people like this.

Having records is crucial if you are forced to take it to court, I know my case went well because of all the documentation via rangers, police, written diary, photos, video plus the efforts we made to screen our houseyard and property from their view (If they saw us, they would hurl abuse and make threats) we were on 5 acres believe it or not!

Magistrates look at evidence and fact.

ETA Dolers did recommend I move, though to be honest I think I believed the truth would prevail :laugh: Later I realised these people didnt think like most of us! It would have only been a matter of time before something else happened IMO. I couldnt risk it or live with the worry any longer.

Edited by Nic.B

If I had my chance again I would have sold and moved early into the issues. It was resolved through court and I was exctatic with the result, though until we moved I remained on tenderhooks. I just didnt trust them and knew how difficult anything they did (if I was not home) was to prove. Plus they had an axe to grind (in their minds).

Even with cameras set up, which were put up after the court case, they will find a way around it. It is often one persons word against the other and if you are living next to people who are clearly demented they will deny and lie :mad These people actually enjoy what they are doing or at least get some warped thrill out of it.

The thing is, we responded very appropriately. In fact I think we were far too patient and thoughtful, I dont think it would have mattered as they were not interested in resolving anything.

I know I said that reporting to council and police would probably make things worse, though I do believe you are not able to give bullies like this an inch. Reporting is critical when you are dealing with people like this.

Having records is crucial if you are forced to take it to court, I know my case went well because of all the documentation via rangers, police, written diary, photos, video plus the efforts we made to screen our houseyard and property from their view (If they saw us, they would hurl abuse and make threats) we were on 5 acres believe it or not!

ETA Dolers did recommend I move, though to be honest I think I believed the truth would prevail :laugh: Later I realised these people didnt think like most of us! It would have only been a matter of time before something else happened IMO. I couldnt risk it or live with the worry any longer.

Am I reading it right NicB, did you end up moving after all? If so that's very sad, you'd put so much work into your property.

I'm so sorry this ended this way but is probably better for the pup. Fir your own mental health consider moving, the constant stress will eat itself into your life. No house is worth the anguish.

agreed with Hangdog.. What a terrible situation and there are some horrible people in the world out there! But you did the right thing for the situation presented to you.

Am I reading it right NicB, did you end up moving after all? If so that's very sad, you'd put so much work into your property.

Yes, we have moved though for more reasons than the neighbours. If I could wind it all back I would have sold and moved earlier. I will always adore that property and worked my backside off nurturing it. It was so neglected when we arrived, a shell of what it is now.

You cant get rid of evil neighbours :( though. They would have always been next door (they own). The law may have dealt with it though my intuition was screaming and my children and animals are my world.

ETA It was not worth the angst :(

Edited by Nic.B

Thanks for all your support and suggestions.

Couldn't move because of serious health reasons. I want to expose the dog abusing neighbour who threw broken glass over our fence but don't know if it's defamatory, ie court action.

Their persistent campaign to hurt/KILL our dog resulted in us selling our dog. We had no choice. :mad We have notified the police many times with no assistance and it makes one wonder what society is all about. We have learned that moral is not legal and people really don't care other than the ones suffering. It's been a month since our pet has been gone and we're all experiencing PTSD. It takes a while to feel the loss and it really hurts.

Does anybody know about naming and shaming offenders of animal abuse? The warped privacy laws are designed to protect the guilty. Are there any risks involved in me exposing these people? Would they take me to court for telling the truth and for identifying them on this website?????

Can't rest until they are exposed....:confused:

Jenni

I can understand why you feel the way you do.

Though IMO getting any sort of revenge will potentially cause even further stress and aggivation.

The best thing you can do is report them to council (broken glass) and seek legal advice (first consult is usually free).

They may have a reputation already (mine did). All of the proof, reports to ploice rangers and written statements combined with their reputation was invaluable in court.

Essentailly they dug their own grave.