How Much Do You Pay For A C5?

I thought it sounded a little on the steep side. I paid $70 this morning for a a check up and for a wound to be trimmed and irrigated and the vet gave her a manicure as well, took a lot longer than a vax would have taken and needed the help of vet nurse, etc. She's just had a check up so I think I'll just do a ring around and go to whoever is the cheapest. This is one of those times I wish i could buy vaccs and just do it myself, too many vet visits lately!

I have my regular local vet, but for vaccinations i see Michael Bell (from Craigeburn Vets) when he visits the Devon Meadows pool on Tuesdays (near Cranbourne - VIC). I only get C3's (which are $16 to $18). From memory a C5 if $25. My furkids get checked out at other points during the year - saves quite a bit of money!

Edited by goldielover

I thought it sounded a little on the steep side. I paid $70 this morning for a a check up and for a wound to be trimmed and irrigated and the vet gave her a manicure as well, took a lot longer than a vax would have taken and needed the help of vet nurse, etc. She's just had a check up so I think I'll just do a ring around and go to whoever is the cheapest. This is one of those times I wish i could buy vaccs and just do it myself, too many vet visits lately!

When was their last vac? The current AVA recommendations are triannually for the 3 core diseases in a C3 so long as your dogs still have annual health checks.

This is something to discuss with your vet.

She is already on that. They would have had their last one when we moved here which is about 2 1/2 years ago now. We don't hang out with a lot of other dogs and those who we do are healthy and vaxed but as we are about to start fostering i figured I'd organise their next booster and do the lot.

Edited by kelpiecuddles

She is already on that. They would have had their last one when we moved here which is about 2 1/2 years ago now. We don't hang out with a lot of other dogs and those who we do are healthy and vaxed but as we are about to start fostering i figured I'd organise their next booster and do the lot.

Best to check exactly what you were quoted for originally in that case as we do triennial C3 where requested and I think that plus a KC component would be just over the $100 mark.

Nobivac and Companion C3 who have the 3 year registration -their vials cost more - which is the reason why.