Any Akita People?

A friend alerted me to this post and thought I'd post it here. Would hate her to get into the wrong hands.

20/5/13 Akita df Tan & white microchipped & registered as April & is recorded as 16 months of age Found on M5 motorway

Renbury Farm Animal Shelter

406 Bringelly Rd Austral NSW (near Liverpool)

Tel - 9606 6118

935841_10151335220372242_2074054091_n.jpg

I've seen staff at Renbury advise people wanting to adopt certain breeds/types of dogs that the dog in question would not suit their requirements... they are almost as picky about new homes as most ethical rescues... *grin*

T.

Just to let you know, April was surrendered by her owners and arrived into rescue care yesterday... I am seriously in love she is sooooo sweet.

Me, too, & I've only seen her photo. :)

Can we see more pics of her, i love them too.

We had a family who rented down the street for a while who had 3 and seemed to be breeding them, they had jetpets arrive one morning and brought out some pups.

Wouldn't have thought there'd be too many akita breeders around who wouldn't take dogs back. Bet she'll rehome quickly :) Gorgeous breed, and gorgeous girl!

Maybe her breeder doesn't know? And it's the owner who left in the pound.

Edited by Rebanne

Wouldn't have thought there'd be too many akita breeders around who wouldn't take dogs back. Bet she'll rehome quickly :) Gorgeous breed, and gorgeous girl!

Maybe her breeder doesn't know? And it's the owner who left in the pound.

Yeah, I meant that in a 'why didn't the owner/surrender try the breeder first' way. Although I know that some people are too embarrassed to admit that they can't handle an animal and return it to where they got it, even if it was stipulated in the sale contract.

Can we see more pics of her, i love them too.

We had a family who rented down the street for a while who had 3 and seemed to be breeding them, they had jetpets arrive one morning and brought out some pups.

I'll try to take some pics on Saturday when I see her next and post them here for you :)

There are BYB for Akita's too, I'm not sure where April was bred, sometimes the owners have actually forgotten where they got them and lost papers and it is very hard to find out. Sometimes they just don't care and don't want to tell you anything anyway. I wouldn't have thought it common place for a reputable breeder to sell an Akita puppy to elderly people though :shrug: Apparently April is too big for them so they surrendered her... like yeah cos an Akita was never going to get big... Funnily enough April is the smallest Akita I have ever met.