Attaching A Gopro Camera To A Dog Harness

Lollipup

Has anyone done this successfully? There are a few videos on youtube that have had good results attaching it to the front of a harness for a dog's point of view video. Other people attach it to the back/top of the harness but I think I would prefer the front. Ideally I'd like to be able to make it work on a small sized dog.

Any ideas?

Depends on what straps or attachments you have, or if you want to buy new ones.

You could use the chest strap, but might be a bit big for a small dog. Or hang it off a collar would be easier, probably, rather than attaching it to a harness. So then it can hang down, as there really isn't anything on the front of a harness to attach it to, unless you wrap a strap around, which would be uncomfortable for the dog.

I just googled and got some good ideas, so try google.

ie: http://arabellathedog.wordpress.com/2012/03/13/dog-harness-for-gopro-camera/

Edited by minimax

we have done this on our dog when she was tracking....I don't think it would work at the front of the dog as they tend to put their head down or hold it half way when walking etc.....we attacked it with a sticky mount but if we did it again would definitely get the helmet strap....it was very wobbly and was moving with her actions but was a lot of fun though :laugh:

My other half sells them in his ski shop- his suggestion is use a GoPro brand vented helmet harness. He reckons you should be able to attach it to the dog harness easily and it would work the best.

Good luck! Obviously lol we've thought about doing this but haven't tried it yet :)